No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez: Angulo, Vanes Both Deserve Their Shot

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Saul Alvarez: Angulo, Vanes Both Deserve Their Shot

The WBC recently ordered an mandatory eliminator between junior middleweight contenders Alfredo Angulo and Vanes Martirosyan. The winner would face WBC champion Saul "Canelo" Alvarez, who defends his title against Alfonso Gomez on September 17 at Staples Center in Los Angeles, California. Speaking with BoxingScene.com's Luis Sandoval, Alvarez said the winner deserves his shot at the title.

[Click Here To Read More]

This will be Alvarez first real test. He deserves props if he beats angulo or vanes. Hopefully he is telling the truth that he wants those type of fights after gomez. If Alvarez even dominates either of those fighters in a fight that just means Alvarez is a good possibly great fighter. I personally consider angulo and vanes good fighters, I don't care what others think.
    Last edited by uoykcuf; 08-01-2011, 06:12 AM.

Comment

I wanna see Angulo-Alvarez. Angulo has been waiting forever.

Comment

Alvarez - Angulo would be an irresistible and compelling fight -- favor Angulo slightly

Comment

A title defense against Alfonso Gomez? Are you fricking kidding, since when did Gomez deserve to be a challenger for a title? This is what is making boxing look stupid right now. How in the world can anyone say Gomez is first in line for a shot at a title?
          Boxing is getting so ridiculous now days it's embarrassing.

Comment

should have been Alvarez-Mayorga

Comment

I seen vanes beating angulo and canelo beating vanes

Comment

Originally posted by RichardPerez View Post
                should have been Alvarez-Mayorga
                Goldenboy is scared of that match-up because Mayorga could win.

Comment

Originally posted by PRBOXINGCOTTO View Post
                  I seen vanes beating angulo and canelo beating vanes
                  Probably the match-up goldenboy would rather risk Alvarez against. If Angulo wins watch goldenboy and Alvarez want nothing to do with Angulo. Angulo punches hard, I don't think Alvarez's chin is that great thats why goldenboy has been matching him with softer punchers. He was shaken up against Jose Cotto who looked like a midget compared to Alvarez and he was coming off a long lay-off.

Comment

I think vanes with Roach in the corner ....he is going to beat canelo and angulo

Comment

Working...
                    X