No announcement yet.

Thurman vs Chaves was an amazingly technical fight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
    Your correct,, Chavez was def beating thurman early,,, the first 2 rounds chavez was just busier and i think it caught thurman off guard,, i actually thought he was going to fold, but he showed great determination, adapted to chavez, started using movement and boxing, and came back to get the ko...

Very impressed by both guys...
    I think Thurman tried to bang it out with him and then realised Chaves had a potent arsenal himself. He then decided to move and Chaves couldn't handle it.

Comment

i enjoyed watching that fight. they're both technically sound figters but they didn't pullback with their offensive games.

Comment

Originally posted by The Weebler II View Post
        I think Thurman tried to bang it out with him and then realised Chaves had a potent arsenal himself. He then decided to move and Chaves couldn't handle it.
        Yeah pretty much...

Do i see some Vay-jay in that side video on your sig,,,,,

I swear you post the hottest chicks...

Comment

Originally posted by FerFAL View Post
          I was expecting more from both fighters to be honest. I think its clear both of them went up there with a TON of respect for each other. I'd like to see them fight other people. But no doubt two strong, tough punchers.
          How can you expect more when it was a very good fight? Not many people expected much from Chaves and his fights that were available online didn't do him justice.

Do any of your posts ever make sense?

Comment

I didnt see it as a technical fight, but I was really impressed with both fighters. Thurman could do with some tightening of his defense, but at times he reminded me of Nigel Benn with the way he would set up his attacks. I get the impression that Thurman is always going to fight this way, but as a fan thats a great thing. He's one of the fighters I'm most interested in at the moment.

Comment

Originally posted by BoxingAddict773 View Post
              Wow, for the people that like technicians, this fight was amazing. Both guys showed incredible ring Iq. Thurman is a very very underrated counter puncher as well as chaves. That counter left hook from Thurman is the real deal but also the right hand counter by chaves is seeeerious. I loved this fight
              I was just re-watching the first Toney vs. McCallum fight. Now that fight was some high level technical boxing. The defense, combos, counters wow

Comment

Yes it was amazingly technical for the fact that they are botu bug punchers but neither reallu had a long period of attack because they stayed so defensively on point at the same time. To neone who says it was boring, its because you dont appreciate watching the thinking battle that unfolds.

Comment

Originally posted by Swaggin' View Post
                  I thought Chaves was schooling Thurman at the start but I watched it on low quality stream.
                  Thurman went in there thinking he'd bomb Chavez out but he was totally outgunned. It's clear as day that that Chavez dude has the type of concussive power even the powerful Thurman cannot match blow for blow.

Comment

it was a great fight not sure why people were sleeping on it. Both guys impressed big time, I already knew thurman was good but now i think he's better and i became a fan of chaves. Only thing is it sucked when the fight started to slow down in the 6th, Chaves needs rto improve his stamina and he woulda probably won

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      amazingly technical, huh?

Yeah! Totally technical! They like, did some technical counter punches and used their modern science based footwork and stuff. You don't see that often.

This was modern boxing at its best. You don't see technical fights of this level very often.

Comment

Working...
                      X