Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian Kenny: On Mayweather ducking Hatton/ Baldomir back then.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
    I know one thing though, Whether Kinney was right or wrong in the way he alway seem to throw this sort of questions at Mayweather, He never questions any other fighter that way, Seem him question Pac all the time and he basically sit there and probably goes through the Bob Arum written questions..
    ESPN's audience are mostly casual boxing fans. As such they are familiar with and respond to anything insinuating floyd "ducked" or is "scared" etc because they all they know of floyd is the arrogant gangsta image he presents. They try to find ways to tear floyd down because he acts as if his **** don't stink.

It's all good but I too wish Manny and other "gentleman" fighters are asked tough questions. But ESPN checks an athletes q rating before asking tough questions. If floyd ever got as popular as manny, there wouyld be no "duck" questions. Is what it is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Ray* View Post
      I know one thing though, Whether Kinney was right or wrong in the way he alway seem to throw this sort of questions at Mayweather, He never questions any other fighter that way, Seem him question Pac all the time and he basically sit there and probably goes through the Bob Arum written questions..

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
        It's all good but I too wish Manny and other "gentleman" fighters are asked tough questions. But ESPN checks an athletes q rating before asking tough questions. If floyd ever got as popular as manny, there wouyld be no "duck" questions. Is what it is.
        It's that simple, great post.

Comment

• I made a similar post regarding the difference in how Pac and May are treated on their respective PTI visits. They talk over Floyd and lambast him about his fight choices and about fighting Pac. Yet when Pac is on there they talk about Philipino congress (like it matters to American sports fans), his "Bieber" like hairstyle, and about how Floyd don't want to fight him. It's slanted and bogus.

Comment

• Originally posted by Big Dunn View Post
            ESPN's audience are mostly casual boxing fans. As such they are familiar with and respond to anything insinuating floyd "ducked" or is "scared" etc because they all they know of floyd is the arrogant gangsta image he presents. They try to find ways to tear floyd down because he acts as if his **** don't stink.

Still waiting for that day but i doubt it would ever happen..

Comment

• ^^ It's because they have recycled, pre-written statements. So they can't be asked tough question.

No point in asking a tough question if your response will be, "He's a tough fighter eh eh eh, i will fight whoever they want me to fight."

Comment

• bummmmmmmp

Comment

• Originally posted by LarryXXX View Post
                  bummmmmmmp
                  Why?????????

Comment

• I remember this

Comment

• Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
                      Why?????????
                      For those who keep ****ting on Baldomir and claim Floyd was never accused of ducking him or Hatton

Comment

Working...
                      X