No announcement yet.

LOTR star rips Bible verses from book

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by KINGPIN4LIFE View Post
    Sir Ian McKellen, star of Lord of the Rings, has removed the verse Leviticus 18:22 from Bibles.................Leviticus 18:22 is the verse that states that man shall not layeth with mankind, woman shall not layeth will womankind, its an abomination...

http://www.popeater.com/2009/11/02/i...iticus-1822%2F

Your thoughts?
    Don't stop there, Sir Ian. Rip the whole thing apart.

Comment

Originally posted by cuauhtemoc1496 View Post
      Wow, where to start. first off, everyone is equal in the eyes of God but sinning is not acceptable by God. You do understand the difference?

Christian view has never been "adjusted"......lol ****sexuality according to the Bible is a sin. In the Bible it's very clear that "acting" or "thinking" on things like this is the same. For example, thinking about having sex with another persons wife or while married is committing adultery. "Thinking" it is a sin as well, you can't just not act on it. Purity is never achieved but the mental aspect of it is as important if not more important than the physical aspect.

Because there are gay, child molesting priests, doesn't mean Christianity condones this or it's ok according to the Bible, so I'm not so sure why you are bringing this up.

There are a lot of child molesting teachers, is that a reflection of every teacher as well?
      I am not talking about soley child molestors but the influx of ****sexual males in the clergy who lead secret ****sexual lives.

Also, many things have been adjusted from the Bible, they stoned prostitutes but clearly that is not the case. It is the Church's job to adjust the biblical message and attribuite it to today's society. Christian view is constantly being changed and adjusted.

Also, thinking may be impure, but notice how the Nine of the Ten Commandments are actions. Acting on an urge (remember, we all are guilty of original sin according to the Church) is more sinful than just having an urge. Surley you are not stating that thinking about killing someone is just as sinful as commiting that act according to church law?

Comment

Since your talking of LOTR il share a lil funny story

My m8s the dumbest guy when it comes to religion, doesn't have a clue...

Anyway We were talking about the 10 commandments and i was like

"what where they again? Thou shalt not"

And my mate butts in and goes "pass?"

Couldnt stop laughing, we were like "THATS LORD OF THE RINGS YOU DUMB ****"

Every1 laughed for like 20 minutes, was fuking hilarious

Comment

QUOTE=AssasinKing;6518469]Since your talking of LOTR il share a lil funny story

My m8s the dumbest guy when it comes to religion, doesn't have a clue...

Anyway We were talking about the 10 commandments and i was like

"what where they again? Thou shalt not"

And my mate butts in and goes "pass?"

Couldnt stop laughing, we were like "THATS LORD OF THE RINGS YOU DUMB ****"

Every1 laughed for like 20 minutes, was fuking hilarious[/QUOTE]

Comment

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
            Wrong, the Catholic church has adjusted their view on ****sexuality. It is not a sin to have ****sexual thoughts, it is a sin to act on those thoughts. I asked my priest some time ago and he confirmed that.

Also, sinning is acceped by God, as all man is guilty of ORIGINAL SIN. In addition, asking for forgiveness for your sins absolves you of those sins.
            First off, the Catholic Church isn't the representation of Christianity on earth. I could go into that for another time but the Catholic church changes what it wants depending on the times. The scriptures however say another thing.

The "Original Sin' is something we all born with. Jesus' death was the ultimate sacrifice for that sin. Asking for forgiveness does NOT absolve you fo your sins if you aren't remorseful about it. You have to have a clean heart and really ask for forgiveness to be forgiven. In the Bible it talks about people who go back and forth from sin as "luke warm water" being spit out by God.

Originally posted by Easy-E View Post
            I am not talking about soley child molestors but the influx of ****sexual males in the clergy who lead secret ****sexual lives.

Also, many things have been adjusted from the Bible, they stoned prostitutes but clearly that is not the case. It is the Church's job to adjust the biblical message and attribuite it to today's society. Christian view is constantly being changed and adjusted.

Also, thinking may be impure, but notice how the Nine of the Ten Commandments are actions. Acting on an urge (remember, we all are guilty of original sin according to the Church) is more sinful than just having an urge. Surley you are not stating that thinking about killing someone is just as sinful as commiting that act according to church law?
            These things have not been "adjusted" they are just no longer practiced. They don't look down on those practices because it was the sign of the times. It's just no longer practiced because there are now other form of punishments.

There are also different levels of sin. So yes, while killing someone is worse than thinking about it, thinking about it is still a sin and could lead to murder. The very reason your thoughts should be pure because that's where action starts.

The biggest misconception of the Bible is that it's constantly being changed, or re-written. This is not true. The original texts of the Bible still exist, so any "change" would not be accepted by the many Christians in todays world.

What changes are the times and obviously, you can't go and stone someone to death if they commit murder or adultery. They now use the electric chair or lethal injection.

In the Bible it also talks about adjusting one's self to the laws of the land and being respectful of those. If you read the story of Daniel in the lions den, that's a perfect example of why he was allowed to be punished because he went against the laws of the land even though he felt it was right....

Comment

This always deteriorates to whether God exists with you doesn't it......**yawn**
              That's a large part of it to be honest. Christians are entitled to get outraged if they want but in no way should anyone else be forced to give a **** just because someone's holy cow becomes a burger. Christians have been justifying and perpetrating crimes against ****sexuals in the name of their silly religion for centuries. Grow up and deal with it.

Comment

That to me is so stupid. It's like this story I saw on tv the other day. About this gay Pastor of a church.

That's like being a member of PETA and working in a slaughter house. I mean if you don't like the fact that Christians, Jews or Muslims don't believe in ****sexuality, then don't become a Muslim, Christian or Jew..........LOL

You can't just take the part of Christianity you want, like it's pick or choose.

Man, some people are just ignorant

In his specific case, he has the right to be angry that Christianity believes this but at the same time, isn't ripping or tearing a believers holy book, just as bad as being against ****sexuality?

He's doing the same thing that he is angry about...
                Hahaha, your showing a ton of ignorance here. Christianity is BASED on picking and choosing what they wanted from Judaism and called it Catholicism. Hahahaha. So have other Christian sects who picked and choose what they like and ran with it instead of becoming Catholic. ROFL

Comment

Originally posted by Carnivore
                  Easy-E's dream date:

Tunney posts gay video and then calls someone else gay. World not shocked.

Comment

Squeal, do I really need to post that letter you sent me?

Declaring your love for me and my league cup?

Comment

Originally posted by Šemise View Post
                      Squeal, do I really need to post that letter you sent me?

Declaring your love for me and my league cup?

You still don't know what the league cup is?

Comment

Working...
                      X