Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you watch boxing with your children, family or friends regularly?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Me and my buddies use to watch all the time in the past, but as we get older it just doesn't happen often, and I actually have a lot of friends who are pretty into boxing and actually know what's up.

If does make you wonder what the future of the sport is. No matter what yu think of UFC, they've clearly cornered the younger market to secure it's future. Boxing, not so much.

I was hopfully PBC would build the sport for the future, but it's not. PBC has no star power, and they put to much emphasis on black fighters, and black fighters just don't sell anymore. (not being racist, it's just true)

Comment

Originally posted by Dirk Diggler UK View Post
      My friends don't know dick about boxing.

It's sad but NSB is the only place I can get some get my boxing fix....even if the discussion is ******ed 99% of the time.
      Same with me basically. I get excited like a baby around big boobs when I find a real life person off the internet who can even talk about even big name fighters, big fights now or in the past.

I'm kinda jealous of the fanbases that Mexico & the UK (among other countries) have with their boxing/boxers. Wish the US was more like that. I'm almost some sort of version of a boxing racist or prejudice or something when I encounter a person from a country that has a stronger boxing fanbase than the US. Like I'll just assume or hope that every Mexican or UK cat I meet likes or knows about boxing & try to discuss boxing **** with them lol. Its kinda feels like some sorta less offensive equivalent of asking a black dude about the NBA, a white dude about starbucks or a hispanic dude about lawncare.

If I meet a girl who knew who Errol Spence or Joel Diaz was who wasn't related to them I'd probably on the spot propose to her & I'm against marriage. Thats how devoid of deep boxing discussion & appreciation in real life I am.

Comment

Usually watch by myself, although lately some of my friends have been coming over to watch GGG and Canelo.

My wife on occasion watches fights with me. She was a fan of the 24/7's and Mayweathers ridiculous antics on the show. It entertained her.

Comment

I take my kids to fights. They have seen Mares vs Gonzalez and Santa Cruz. They usually watch a main event with me if its a big fight and we're at home. My wife, buys me tickets as gifts.

Comment

I tend to watch it by myself. My dad and brother don't watch boxing.
            I asked my nephew to come over and watch the boxing last night, he said 'nah, i might watch the UFC though'. I felt my heart drop a little haha.
            I mean i like MMA, but i want to introduce him to boxing.

I have one mate who's really into boxing. I've been to Vegas and around the UK to watch boxing with him.
            Then i have a handful of mates who only watch the big fights or the SKY Sports hyped fights. Thing is, they're the ones who hit facebook when a fight is on and act like they are Bert Sugar. Not to sound like my head is up my arse, but i'd rather not talk boxing to them at all..as after about 5 minutes it's clear they haven't got a clue what they are talking about.

It can be a pain to come on here sometimes and everyone is arguing, but it's the only place i can actually talk about boxing with people who enjoy it as much as myself.

Comment

I always watch with friends and family. Most just drink but it's always a couple of us who are really into all the matches! I have 3 daughters 7, 5, &2 who likes watching the highlight reels with me!

Comment

I'm quite fortunate that a few of my friends are big into the boxing.

One is particular knowledgeable of 80's and 90's American fighters, another is big on the UK scene over the past 10 years and I've read quite extensively on the history of the sport right through to the pre gloved era so we all bring something a little different to the table. Of course there's also a view point reguritator who spews opinions that he's encountered that week like they're is own informed musings, with gusto.

Increasing though, my friends just plain don't like each other, three in the same place at the same time has become a hostile environment so more often than not I watch fights at home on my own or with my girlfriend. She's become quite adept at scoring fights. She took a keen interest in the Joshua fight last night and an even keener wide grinned beeming eyed interest when Joshua vs Haye was proposed . . . funny that . . . . I don't think she'll be watching the boxing again.

Comment

I watch boxing with friends, or alone

I never watch boxing with my family, or anything else for that matter. I dont even eat together with them. I just dont like to do stuff with the family, living with them or having to see their mugs even when I dont want to is more than enough for me.

Maybe I subsconsciously despise all my relatives.
                  Last edited by lopetego; 12-13-2015, 03:08 PM.

Comment

I mainly watch it alone, but occasionally watch with my bro or friends.

Comment

Originally posted by Slip Stream View Post
                      I mainly watch it alone, but occasionally watch with my bro or friends.
                      In my younger years I had a gym sock under my bed that ended up as stiff as the Silver Surfer's surfboard. I did that mainly alone . . . and when I say mainly, I mean entirely.

Comment

Working...
                      X