Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Inside Notebook: Pacquiao's Decision, Arum on TMT, More

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Comments Thread For: Inside Notebook: Pacquiao's Decision, Arum on TMT, More

By Robert Morales - Promoter Bob Arum on Tuesday said that he and his wife, Lovee, are leaving Saturday to the Philippines. Once there, Arum will talk to Manny Pacquiao about his next fight. The possibilities are a fourth fight with Juan Manuel Marquez, or a rematch with either Timothy Bradley or Miguel Cotto.

Arum said he expects to have a decision by a week from Friday, Aug. 10.

The topic of discussion was switched to 50 Cent, who has announced he is becoming a promoter and will team with Floyd Mayweather Jr., who is due out of jail Friday. Since a bout between Mayweather and Pacquiao has not materialized through a couple of rounds of negotiations, Arum was asked what would happen if his Top Rank Inc. found itself in talks with 50 Cent for that fight.

Keep in mind that Golden Boy Promotions has promoted Mayweather's past six fights.

"Absolutely," said Arum, when asked if he thought that fight would get done under those circumstances. "I would think that it would come without a lot of baggage that Golden Boy brings for negotiations, issues that don't really affect fighters, but relate to business aspects of promoting.

"So I think with 50 Cent representing Mayweather and him having confidence in his own promoter, and of course we're representing Pacquiao as his promoter, I think that traditional negotiations would take place and we'd get this thing done." [Click Here To Read More]

bob arum aint sitting down with anyone to negotiate a fight, keep it moving

Comment

Pacquiao leaves Arum, fight gets made EASY!!!!

Comment

Arum and Floyd don't really have a beef, remember it's between Arum and Schaefer aka TR vs Golden Boy.

But now with TMT who knows what happens.

Comment

Golden Boy ain't the problem.
          Floyd doesn't want to do any kind of business w/ Top Rank. Arum knows this, therefore the fight is still far from happening.

Comment

Originally posted by Radke View Post
            Golden Boy ain't the problem.
            Floyd doesn't want to do any kind of business w/ Top Rank. Arum knows this, therefore the fight is still far from happening.
            Not true. Mayweather and Arum often have little verbal jabs here and there but the beef is between Golden Boy (Mayweather's co-promoter at the time) and Top Rank.

There's pictures of Floyd and Arum together smiling, Bob Arum/TR used to promote Mayweather.

Arum hates Schaefer and vise-verse

Comment

Originally posted by Realism View Post
              Not true. Mayweather and Arum often have little verbal jabs here and there but the beef is between Golden Boy (Mayweather's co-promoter at the time) and Top Rank.

There's pictures of Floyd and Arum together smiling, Bob Arum/TR used to promote Mayweather.

Arum hates Schaefer and vise-verse
              funny cause my perception seems to be the exact opposite...floyd and arum hate each other...this is supposed to still be pending lawsuits against arum and top rank's accountants because floyd believes arum still owes him millions...plus the fact that ever since floyd left TR in 2006, he has fought no one from that stable...as soon as cotto was officially relieased from arum, him and floyd were in the ring before dude left the building...it's also been understood that shaefer and arum have beef...but i doubt it's 1/4th what floyd and arum have for each other...

Comment

LOL at those choices.

Comment

The most important fight for Manny is Tim Bradley. This is unfinished business. Regardless if you think Manny won and has nothing to prove he needs to fight Bradley but honestly I strongly believe Tim will beat him decisively if they meet again.

Comment

I feel manny needs to fight 1 more time then fight mayweather early next year...

Comment

Working...
                    X