No announcement yet.

Ali/Liston II, phantom punch?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ali/Liston II, phantom punch?

A punch that some said didn't land, that didn't look powerful enough to do much damage. Ali standing over a prone Liston in the first round. Liston looking like he could continue, but seemingly unwilling.

Did we get a repeat of this last night?

Last edited by Jim Jeffries; 03-20-2011, 09:25 AM.

Ali was never an KO puncher Vitali is. Liston was involved with the Mob, Solis isn't.

Comment

Liston was wide open and Ali landed a beautful overhand right that he never saw coming.

Comment

Phantom punch, o'reilly?

Comment

^^^^^^^^ yheres ur proof right in the temple really knocks off you equiibrium sp? ...someone needs 2 shop these photos togather for me and right phantom punch

Comment

Originally posted by Luilun View Post
            Ali was never an KO puncher Vitali is. Liston was involved with the Mob, Solis isn't.

The mob would gain nothing from Liston losing. And a lot of fighters not known as KO punchers have scored one punch KO's in major fights. Michael Nunn and Pernell Whitaker come to mind. That logic is flawed. I wouldn't call Vitali a one punch KO artist either.

Comment

Vitali hasn't one punched anyone in 10 years.

Solis was losing his footing before he was even hit. 247 lbs were being held up by that single right knee and he fell backwards.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyZagz View Post
                Vitali hasn't one punched anyone in 10 years.

Solis was losing his footing before he was even hit. 247 lbs were being held up by that single right knee and he fell backwards.

I saw it the same way. I'm a Vitali fan and still think he would have won if it didn't happen. And I wanted him to crush Solis. But this "win" by Vitali was nothing to brag about. Some of his other fans are being irrational about it. It's unfinished business as far as I'm concerned. It is what it is. I I hope they fight again so Vitali can beat him with no excuses from Solis.

Comment

Ali's punch landed cleaner and harder than Vitali's. If it wasn't a dive, I think Liston could have continued but knew he would have been in for a beating, so he stayed down.

Comment

ali punch landed alot harder than vitali did with his punch..solis legitimently hurt his kness..liston just didnt wanna fight

Comment

Working...
                    X