Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

You gotta give Ward credit, out of these Canelo/GGG/Ward drama, he is the one...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
    Keep in mind he had a super six that lined up the best in his division to actually fight each other. Golovkin never had that luxury and has obviously had one hell of a time getting other champions to actually fight him.

Now imagine if Ward back then was after a Froch fight but Froch was like nah, let me chill a bit and fight some junior middleweights. Ward would have been in the same boat chasing that unification and big fight. Different circumstances entirely.

What Canelo has done isn't even in the same realm as Golovkin - GGG has stayed in his own division trying to unify while Canelo literally invented his own weight class just for him.
    you always been a great poster, but never did i think you would actually say something like this, this is below your knowledge and posting ability, im gonna just chalk this up to you being a huge fan of GGG. Canelo, AT THE VERY LEAST, has a resume, a credible one, catchweight or not, hes had some solid fighters, including the greatest fighter of our generation, his only loss.

Comment

... Ward grabs his $3-4 million for those tune ups and then vanishes into the mist as he always does.

Comment

Originally posted by K-Nan View Post
        He's moving up to fight Kovalev because out of all of those names, he's the most special fighter. Maybe not as explosively entertaining as Canelo, GGG and Kovalev. But special. The risk that he's taking against Kovalev without demanding any particular advantages is just an indicator as to how supremely confident he and his handlers are.
        He's not moving up... he is a LHW fighting at LHW. Like he's done his last two fights.

Comment

Originally posted by joseph5620 View Post
          Yeah just ignore that Golovkin and his team only wanted the fight at 164. Also Ward couldn't fight at all during his legal dispute so any offers to fight him during that period were nothing more than a smokescreen.
          Actually in 2013 it was at 168. this was not long after he beat Chad Dawson, on top of that Ward could have fought if he wanted to in fact Goossen kept offering him fights that Ward was turning down, which is documented in the court cases Ward lost, so this is factual. Ward's inactivity was his choice.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
            you always been a great poster, but never did i think you would actually say something like this, this is below your knowledge and posting ability, im gonna just chalk this up to you being a huge fan of GGG. Canelo, AT THE VERY LEAST, has a resume, a credible one, catchweight or not, hes had some solid fighters, including the greatest fighter of our generation, his only loss.
            He was saying it's apples and bananas. GGG was avoided like a disease. No elite stepped up, which included Ward. Who exactly ducked Canelo, for instance? Who ducked Ward? People really need to think without wearing biased lenses.

Comment

you don't get credit for bums and blown up ww's/jmw's ducking you....thats exactly what ggg's fanboys seem to be doing. ggg is in the position he's in(fighting bums and accepting step aside money) because that's exactly where he wants to be.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
                If you don't see the hypocrisy then that's on you being a fan boy. I don't like Canelo, GGG, or Ward but I can see hypocrites and flawed logic a mile away.
                There is no hypocrisy. He wants Canelo to defend his title against him at the actual weight limit. What a concept - The middleweight champion for once being asked to defend his title at the actual middleweight limit. What a novel ****ing concept.

Comment

Originally posted by El Jesus View Post
                  I never disputed Canelo has a resume.He's had lots of opportunities because of his popularity and he's taken on solid opponents as a result. My point is there is a big difference in a guy trying to fight guys in his own weight class versus a guy who invented his own weight class and demands all opponents fight him at that weight, mandatory or not. I'm not sure how you can not see that.

The one thing guys have on Golovkin was him turning down Ward's one year away offer at a time when GGG was set to fight Lemieux and with the expectation of fighting for the WBC after, that's it. That's the one knock anyone has on him. It goes both ways though since Ward turned down Golovkin (at 168) prior to that so to me it's all about timing (GGG clearly wasn't willing to move up to 168 that close to a unification with Cotto/Canelo but was willing to go to 168 for Ward, Chavez and Froch when he wasn't in that position). No one is obligated to move up/down weight classes. At the end of the day, Golovkin is a middleweight, he's only fought at middleweight, Canelo is the WBC/lineal middleweight champion, they are champions in the same damn weight class there should be absolutely no issues here. If Golovkin had a title at 168 pounds that Ward was mandatory to and GGG wouldn't fight him and/or demand he comes down to 161, then yes it would be comparable but that isn't reality.

Comment

Originally posted by KLockard23 View Post
                    There is no hypocrisy. He wants Canelo to defend his title against him at the actual weight limit. What a concept - The middleweight champion for once being asked to defend his title at the actual middleweight limit. What a novel ****ing concept.
                    I know but you are ignoring what GGG has previously stated. Wanting to fight Ward at a catchweight where he was willing to fight Chávez Jr. at 168 but not Ward and saying he fight Mayweather at 154 but not Canelo at 155. I'm not saying what Canelo is demanding is right because he looks likea b*tch too but GGG did the same ****.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Stark View Post
                      I know but you are ignoring what GGG has previously stated. Wanting to fight Ward at a catchweight where he was willing to fight Chávez Jr. at 168 but not Ward and saying he fight Mayweather at 154 but not Canelo at 155. I'm not saying what Canelo is demanding is right because he looks likea b*tch too but GGG did the same ****.
                      I just addressed the difference between the Mayweather and Canelo situations. Canelo would be for a championship. Mayweather wouldn't (presumingly, anyway.) So I can see why he'd make consessions and drop down in weight if that's what it took to secure a bout with the best fighter/biggest star in the sport.

Comment

Working...
                      X