No announcement yet.

need an expanation

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• need an expanation

i dont understand the term "over training" whats is it? how do i know if i am overtraining,..i honestly dont believe in overtraining i dont think theres such a thing

Awww how cool, you're so hardcore that you don't think that there is such a thing..... Haha, jk, of course there's such a thing... If you are a weight lifter and you lift too much you're muscles won't get a chance to actually grow, or you could burn yourself out (depends on the person). Or obviously you could injure yourself by doing too intense or too much of a workout.

Comment

"Overtraining occurs when the volume and intensity of an individual's exercise exceeds their recovery capacity. They cease making progress, and can even begin to lose strength and fitness. Overtraining is a common problem in weight training, but it can also be experienced by runners and other athletes."

Comment

You may also feel something different mentally when overtraining. You tend to not have the same "zest" or drive that you once previoulsy had and you no longer enjoy the workload.

Comment

Stolen straight from Wikipedia:

Persistent muscle soreness
          Persistent fatigue
          Elevated resting heart rate
          Increased susceptibility to infections
          Increased incidence of injuries
          Irritability
          Depression
          Loss of motivation
          Insomnia
          Decreased appetite
          Weight loss

And I heard for girls they'll get an irregular menstrual cycle but chances are that doesn't apply to you.

Comment

i thought i was over training..but its just a mentla thing...

usually overtraining leads to injuries...

Comment

Originally posted by SlightlyStoopid
              Awww how cool, you're so hardcore that you don't think that there is such a thing..... Haha, jk, of course there's such a thing... If you are a weight lifter and you lift too much you're muscles won't get a chance to actually grow, or you could burn yourself out (depends on the person). Or obviously you could injure yourself by doing too intense or too much of a workout.

i've been there i did a few full body workouts pushing myself to the limit and after only a few weeks i was ill with a cold and even my skin got manky

Comment

Every morning first thing when you wake up, take your pulse before you get out of bed. If you are training properly, it should go down over time, e.g. week by week. If you are overtraining or undertraining, it will go up. If you are not working hard enough it will stay the same. If your pulse goes up, you know whether you are working too hard or not working hard enough. Yes, there is overtraining, but most people are lazy and undertrain, except at the dinner table.

Comment

Originally posted by yrrej
                  Every morning first thing when you wake up, take your pulse before you get out of bed. If you are training properly, it should go down over time, e.g. week by week. If you are overtraining or undertraining, it will go up. If you are not working hard enough it will stay the same. If your pulse goes up, you know whether you are working too hard or not working hard enough. Yes, there is overtraining, but most people are lazy and undertrain, except at the dinner table.
                  Nice post

Comment

some people don't believe overtraining exists. Seen guys work till they throw up and barf. Pushing it to the limits

Basically overtraining is when your body cant recover fast enough and leads to lower performance.

Comment

Working...
                    X