Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is prince naseem worthy of HOF spot?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hall of fame power, hall of filth personality.

Comment

On balance I feel that he falls short of the mark.

He had some real talent, but overall the humiliating defeat by Barrera was something he never recovered from.

Instead of coming back stronger like a true champion, he faded into relative obscurity.

I know he entertained a lot of fans, but to be honest he annoyed the hell out of me...

Comment

Originally posted by alexguiness View Post
        On balance I feel that he falls short of the mark.

He had some real talent, but overall the humiliating defeat by Barrera was something he never recovered from.

Instead of coming back stronger like a true champion, he faded into relative obscurity.

I know he entertained a lot of fans, but to be honest he annoyed the hell out of me...
        Ah no. He didn't. He remained a household name.

Comment

Originally posted by A-Wolf View Post
          Ah no. He didn't. He remained a household name.
          In his own house maybe.

But I would vote him in if I had a vote still. Depends who else was competing for the spot.

Comment

Maybe in Sheffield...

Comment

His early retirement and reluctance to come back stronger after the Barrera fight cost him the ATG status that will be likely placed on the likes of Morales, Barrera, Pacquiao and Marquez.

But he is rather more worthy of a hall of fame place than several who have been admitted. I think his behaviour outside the ring has very much delayed his admittance.

He was considered top 10 pound for pound for up to five years. He is almost certainly one of the heaviest handed featherweights of all time. He had a good number of title defences. He was never knocked out. Prior to leaving the Ingle stable, he showed terrific talent/combination punching/reflexes. He attracted non boxing fans to the sport. He was super exciting inside and outside the ring.

For these reasons he should be inducted.

Comment

Unequivocally, YES.

Hundreds of young kids going to their local boxing club in the 90's went purely because they loved, and wanted to be like Naz. For those youngsters the Prince WAS boxing, he was a ambassador for the sport and he made millions of people all around the world tune in and embrace boxing.

You can argue all you like over his achievements, but seldom has a fighter shook up the sweet science even remotely as much as Naz did. He was a hero, an entertainer and a one off.

Not since those heady nights has anyone brought quite as much razzle dazzle, and anyone who manages it again in the future will be a most welcome addition to our crazy game.

Comment

The man was a pioneer in the sport. There should have been no question about his inclusion in the first ballot.

Comment

I think absolutely he is and don't understand why he hasn't been inducted yet.

He was the main reason networks started giving small fighters main event spots and, more importantly, main event money. He doesn't get enough respect or credit for this.

Comment

I would vote yes..

Comment

Working...
                      X