Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

who was more famous in there era mike tyson or michael jordan?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From a UK point of view, i'd say Mike Tyson purely because we never cared for basketball and still don't watch basketball. In America it's probably Jordan though.

Comment

You are going to some extra Tyson votes because you are asking on a boxing forum but Jordon was one of the most famous Athletes ever.

Comment

michael jordan

he was accessible to everybody and was portrayed as a role model (even though he wasn't, the media made him into one

lots of young people weren't exposed to tyson because he wasn't portrayed as a role model, but a villain

Comment

Originally posted by fists of stone View Post
          they both made it big in the 80s and 90s and came from the same era, but who was more the talk of the town? you might disagree but i will say tyson was looked at as more of a god then jordan, but jordan became bigger then life also.
          Iron Mike by far. Never knew who Jordan was till about 10 years later and that was only due to Nike.

People who didn't know about boxing knew Mike Tyson.

Comment

Did Will Smith rap about Michael Jordan

Comment

Originally posted by D4thincarnation View Post
              Iron Mike by far. Never knew who Jordan was till about 10 years later and that was only due to Nike.

People who didn't know about boxing knew Mike Tyson.
              I'm sure if you took a sample from around the world you'd find tyson to be the more famous. In america I can understand jordan being more well known. Basketball is just less of an international sport and tyson was a freak in terms of his popularity.

Comment

Jordan did more for basketball's popularity than Tyson did for boxing. So I'd say him.
                Last edited by bojangles1987; 08-22-2011, 07:19 AM.

Comment

D4thincarnation, you need to step your fresh prince game up, will smith was seen in Numerous episodes WEARING Jordans (sneakers if you didnt know). kid n' play in the 80's were seen WEARING Michael Jordans sneakers, also numerous celebrities and personalities back then "endorsed" his Line of sneakers.

Hands Down, MICHAEL JORDAN.

Comment

In America= Jordan, Rest of the world=Mike Tyson........

Comment

Originally posted by -Lucas- View Post
                      In America= Jordan, Rest of the world=Mike Tyson........

I used to live in Asia at that time and Jordan was bigger than Tyson by a mile...

Comment

Working...
                      X