No announcement yet.

Fighters these days need to compete more

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fighters these days need to compete more

I am tired of seeing frindge and up and comers fight 3 times a year,take a lesson from this man and quit being *****es.

Len Wickwar is the proud record holder of the most boxing fights ever fought with an incredible 467 bouts to his name. Born in 1911, the Leicester boxer won 337 boxing fights in a career spanning 21 years.

From 1926 to 1947 Wickwar amassed a total of 467 contests, beating the best at his weight.

His manager George Biddles described Wickwar as “The Greatest Boxer who never won a major title” in “Boxing News” on the 20th of June 1980.

However he did win many worthwhile contests in his career and became the featherweight Champion of the Midlands in 1933, winning a purse of £100, and “The Ted Salmon’s Gold Championship Belt”.

Wickwar’s final professional Boxing match occurred on the 6th of February 1947, when he was beaten by Danny Cunningham of Methill, in a fight at St. James’s Hill, Newcastle-upon-Tyne”.

boxers got families to raise and health to take care of not to mention assets to take care you cant risk your reputation

Comment

Uh oh. I guess Floyd has to drop down another notch on th ATG list. LOL

Comment

That's an incredible record. Here's his boxrec page:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4129&cat=boxer

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
          That's an incredible record. Here's his boxrec page:

http://boxrec.com/list_bouts.php?hum...4129&cat=boxer
          Talk about fighting hard eh.anyways what do you think of the upcoming boxing calander bro i like Berto Ortiz it is compelling to me.

Comment

Originally posted by jellybeans View Post
            boxers got families to raise and health to take care of not to mention assets to take care you cant risk your reputation
            yes, because those things didn't exist during the golden era right?

let's face it, the more we, as fans accept boxing as just another business, the quicker it'll stagnate. it seems to me that most of the viewers are now satisfied with the mediocre performance of fighters faking injuries, fighting once a year, barely even fighting, coasting off to an easy ud, spending more effort promoting the fight that the training/fight itself, etc. some are even more concerned with the pvp numbers that what actually happens in the ring...

this is what has become of boxing just another soap opera to talk about, but not something to actually look forward to...

Comment

Originally posted by MARKBNLV View Post
              Talk about fighting hard eh.anyways what do you think of the upcoming boxing calander bro i like Berto Ortiz it is compelling to me.
              Frankly I think that fight is a mismatch. I thinking about going down to Foxwoods to catch the Martinez-Dzinziruk live. Also looking forward to Brandom Rios, Matt Hatton-Saul Alvarez, Vitali fights...

Comment

Originally posted by BostonGuy View Post
                Frankly I think that fight is a mismatch. I thinking about going down to Foxwoods to catch the Martinez-Dzinziruk live. Also looking forward to Brandom Rios, Matt Hatton-Saul Alvarez, Vitali fights...
                Drop me a PM if you have a free ticket for Martinez-Dzinziruk. I'll provide the ride.

Comment

there's not enough TV dates for everyone

Comment

If there were only one belt to be had, like in the old days, fighters would be more hungry and have to fight other quality fighters and be actively competing to get a shot at the title. ..........Rockin'

Comment

Working...
                    X