Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why Are People Saying Maidana Can't Adjust? Maidana Showed He Can KO Floyd Too.

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
    Maidana was a 12 to 1 underdog in the first fight but the pro odds makers have him only a 3 or 4 to 1 underdog this time so clearly they think his chances of winning are much better this time.
    In the first fight he showed that he could win rounds vs Floyd, and Floyd showed that he has slowed a half step, and his reflexes and counters aren't as sharp as they were.. Age is creeping up on Floyd and Vegas guys know this..

Comment

if mayweather says maidana can't adjust, he can't adjust.

maidana is incapable of adjusting or implementing a gameplan... that's why the broner and mayweather fights played out exactly like the alexander fight like the TBE! f@ggotrons had predicted. oh wait... styles make fights doe!

Originally posted by LA_2_Vegas View Post
      Someone posted an interview with Porter and he said something i thought was great, he said that "Maidana has speed in his power." Great description I thought...can't argue he is not as fast as some others others and he can get put out of position.. but overall, he has a very quick trigger that allows him to hang with faster fighters.
      i've been saying this on here for the longest time. maidana is deceptive. he has great timing and is quicker on the draw than advertised. he may look wild at times but there is a method to his madness.

Comment

I think mayweather would employ a little devon alexander technique on this rematch to reset maidana's aggressiveness every time the going gets tough on him(floyd). There is no reason why he can't duplicate the hug and roll of devon a tested and proven blueprint for maidana, this rematch is going to be real easy for floyd, and also will be real boring to casual fans dismay.

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
          Yeah, I keep watching that gif over and over.. That's one of the best clean shots anyone has landed on Floyd in an exchange in the middle of the ring..

It dont even land on the chin it lands on the right side of his chest , you think that shot is going to land flush on the chin and not even move his head at all , you can clearly see the shoulder takes the impact and thats why it shudders his body , its like momentum is stopped by pushing you , that shot on the chin does damage , you dont just walk through that unless it doesnt land .

Comment

Maidana's only chance at victory is if he's allowed to use his red Everlast MX gloves. Yes, the gloves matter. Maidana couldn't hurt a fly with those pillow Everlasts that Mayweather had them wear. If Maidana has his Everlast MX gloves then his chance at victory increases big time.

Comment

He showed he can KO Floyd?

what?

By going the distance and not hurting him once?

Maidana may well be able to do it but one things for certain he didn't show it in the first fight.

Comment

Originally posted by Body Movin' View Post
                if mayweather says maidana can't adjust, he can't adjust.

maidana is incapable of adjusting or implementing a gameplan... that's why the broner and mayweather fights played out exactly like the alexander fight like the TBE! f@ggotrons had predicted. oh wait... styles make fights doe!

i've been saying this on here for the longest time. maidana is deceptive. he has great timing and is quicker on the draw than advertised. he may look wild at times but there is a method to his madness.
                You just answered your own question

Styles do make fights, that's why.

All 3 of those fighters fight different and plus Maidana isnt the same fighter he was when he fought Alexander either.

Comment

Originally posted by Queef Genius View Post
                  This will be the circumstance that Maidana can KO Floyd.

You are an imbecile if you think this shot doesnt hurt Floyd badly or that it's impossible for Maidana to replicate it.

Maidana surely has a chance to land the shot that does it. The first fight showed it. Garcia being one of the best game planners in the game with Maidana who fully trusts and listens to him, I'm not sure how people believe Maidana can't adjust. Maidana does what Garcia says. Maidana will make the slight adjustments. Will it work, we shall find out.
                  lol how did he show he can KO him exactly?

Comment

Originally posted by Sugar Adam Ali View Post
                    In the first fight he showed that he could win rounds vs Floyd, and Floyd showed that he has slowed a half step, and his reflexes and counters aren't as sharp as they were.. Age is creeping up on Floyd and Vegas guys know this..
                    although floyd has slowed down along time ago, i think what you noticed was maidana's body work, he really beat the sht outta floyd early, you could see floyd vibrating and plainly looking uneasy with his co-ordination for a good time after being assaulted

Comment

Originally posted by mathed View Post
                      People are crazy, I haven't seen a Mayweather fight that I honestly had a draw within the last 7 years or so. I thought the DLH fight was close and that the Castillo I fight really should have gone to Castillo but in the last few years, Floyd has been much better than his comp. Maidana really roughed him up and I think Floyd taking this rematch might be a big mistake for him.
                      naw, floyd got chino all figured out, thats why theres a rematch. if anyone thinks floyd is gonna come out and fight the same way he did the first time, ya in for a surpise LOL

Comment

Working...
                      X