Collapse
No announcement yet.

Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson II @175 Who W? "I can't blame Scully, it's my fault"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andre Ward vs Chad Dawson II @175 Who W? "I can't blame Scully, it's my fault"

Chad Dawson: "I can't blame anyone - I can't blame my trainer John Scully. It's my fault because I agreed to go down and fight him at that weight.. Had the weight not been so dramatic on me it would have been a totally different fight.. Why would I risk something.. Why would I risk this? I don't think I received too much backlash from it because a lot of people could tell it was the weight.

I wasn't hurt in the fight, my legs weren't all there, he would hit me and I'd go down from exhaustion. We're definitely going to do it again, definitely going to be a different story at 175. It's gonna happen. Eventually he'll be coming up to 175 and I'll be there so I still got something to look forward to."

8:50
    Dawson by KO - TKO - RTD
    3.85%
    Ward by KO - TKO - RTD
    26.92%
    Dawson by Decision
    7.69%
    Ward by Decision
    57.69%
    Draw
    3.85%

I think Ward is just too good a fighter, he really has it all, probably with the exception of being a monster puncher, but Ward has proven he doesnt need that to grind your ass into the ground, whoever you are.

I rate Chad, I think he's really skilled, but I think Ward is just the better guy all round and I would back him to beat Chad at 175, probably not by KO, but by a resounding UD

Comment

Ward by decision, possibly by TKO. Especially if Nazeem is to be believed.

For all we know though, Ward may have already mentally and physically ruined Chad. That was a hell of a beat-down, and on a drained fighter too.

Comment

Although I'm not excusing the weight not having an effect on him, Dawson wouldnt be making excuses if he won. Late round stoppage for Dre.

Comment

Dawson UD........

Comment

Wow I watched that entire long ass video. Haha Chris Byrd is a goofy ass dude. I remember Larry Merchant rubbing the mic against his mouth after he lost to Klitschko, and then I swear I heard him sniff it... Does anybody have this interview?

Comment

I am not sure how much Dawson's weight had to do with the loss. He said going into the fight that 168 was no problem. It sort of sounds like an excuse for losing to a better fighter now.I have faith in Ward to perform at a high level but I no longer have faith in Dawson. I voted that Ward KOs him at any weight.

Comment

Originally posted by boliodogs View Post
                I am not sure how much Dawson's weight had to do with the loss. He said going into the fight that 168 was no problem. It sort of sounds like an excuse for losing to a better fighter now.I have faith in Ward to perform at a high level but I no longer have faith in Dawson. I voted that Ward KOs him at any weight.
                His trainer said he was struggling with the weight on this very forum. Of course they are going to say there isn't a problem leading up to the fight, they'd be idiots if they didn't.

Comment

Dropping down in weight clearly had an effect on him but he only has himself to blame. I'd be interested in seeing them fight at 175lb, I'd still favor Ward to win but I'd expect a more competitive bout and I'd actually give him credit for the win.

Comment

If he beats Pascal they will cross paths again when Ward moves up.

Comment

Working...
                    X