Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where do you rank Wladimir Klitschko among the great heavyweights?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Behind his brother.

Comment

lol at tyson being considered better than wlad, only ******s would think such a thing. Tyson only lasted for about 3 years. Where i say he was near wlads level. But he never reached it, he would not have been able to land one punch on wlad.

Comment

As of right now,he ranks in the top ten.I wouldn't know where to put him in the top ten - probably in the bottom half while he's still an active champion.If he continues his dominant reign then his position as a top ten heavyweight great can never be denied.

He definately ranks above the following:

Jack Johnson,Joe Frazier,Rocky Marciano,Vitali Klitschko,Jack Dempsey and Riddick Bowe.

Fighters that he he's on the same level as right now(will rank greater than once he decides to end his dominant reign and he retires:

George Foreman(though Wladimir's resume has greater depth),Sonny Liston,Mike Tyson,Evander Holyfield(hurts me to say that) and Larry Holmes.

And no,Wladimir does not need to beat a future hall of famer to be considered an ATG.Whoever thinks this is an idiot and clearly not thinking objectively
        Last edited by prinzemanspopa; 09-20-2010, 10:11 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by theghost#1 View Post
          Right now id say 6-10 , But when its all said and done possibly the Best ever, Or at worst Top 5 atg.
          For sure, out of him and Ali, he clearly had the better resume with the most talent.

Comment

Wlad behind Riddick bowe? Based on what? The Holy fights? Dear god people. Wladimir Klitschko is the most dominant HW ever. I mean no one will even fight the guy. All I hear fans of Tyson, Ali, Bowe, Holyfield etc...talk about is prime. Yet if you even so mention Wlad they bring up Ross Purrity. Wlad isnt allowed to have a prime? Wlad just destroyed Peter, it was about as good of an example of how a fighter grows as any I can think of. First Peter fight we saw Wlad's defense as somewhat weak, he looked a bit uncomfortable and he looked more afraid of getting hit. This fight we saw him stand tall, block peters shots and control the distance much better. We saw him absolutely punish Peter for holding. Notice that Wlad wouldnt even hold back he'd literally just fall limp on Peter and put all of his weight on Peters back. Wlad is an animal right now, theres no stopping him, he enforces his will on every opponent. Unlike an Ali who fought down to his opponents quite often and who often had to come up with tricks and change his strategy for opponents, Wlad just goes out there and does his thing. Theres no adapting, he enforces his will on everyone he faces.

Comment

Originally posted by Die Antwoord View Post
              Wlad behind Riddick bowe? Based on what? The Holy fights? Dear god people. Wladimir Klitschko is the most dominant HW ever. I mean no one will even fight the guy. All I hear fans of Tyson, Ali, Bowe, Holyfield etc...talk about is prime. Yet if you even so mention Wlad they bring up Ross Purrity. Wlad isnt allowed to have a prime? Wlad just destroyed Peter, it was about as good of an example of how a fighter grows as any I can think of. First Peter fight we saw Wlad's defense as somewhat weak, he looked a bit uncomfortable and he looked more afraid of getting hit. This fight we saw him stand tall, block peters shots and control the distance much better. We saw him absolutely punish Peter for holding. Notice that Wlad wouldnt even hold back he'd literally just fall limp on Peter and put all of his weight on Peters back. Wlad is an animal right now, theres no stopping him, he enforces his will on every opponent. Unlike an Ali who fought down to his opponents quite often and who often had to come up with tricks and change his strategy for opponents, Wlad just goes out there and does his thing. Theres no adapting, he enforces his will on everyone he faces.
              Good post.

Comment

Its a shame the Klitschkos didn't come to fame in an age with a deeper heavyweight division, but you cannot deny their abilities, work ethic, and accomplishments.

Absolutely top 10. Probably top 5. Possibly #1

Comment

Wlad is definitely top 10 in my book.

I could see Wlad beat a prime Tyson. You watch Holmes Tyson and Holmes is using a similar tactic as Wlad employs but in the manner of a flabby old man. He isn't fit enough to complete the job and loses. I could see Wlad beat him.

He beats anyone from the 80s without a doubt. He could beat Holyfield, just use his size to refuse to let him inside and thats him but Lewis would outsmart him.

i put him alongside Lewis and above a lot of greats. A lot of more entertaining fighters. Jack Johnson, Gene Tunney, even Joe Frazier at a push...he could probably take them on and win.

Ali, Foreman, Louis, Dempsey, Marciano...probably not.

Comment

Competition is absolutely gash nowadays but Wlad is top 10 for sure. He's an absolute beast and I'd probably pick him over most heavyweights of the past apart from Vitali, Lennox and prime Tyson.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
                      Competition is absolutely gash nowadays but Wlad is top 10 for sure. He's an absolute beast and I'd probably pick him over most heavyweights of the past apart from Vitali, Lennox and prime Tyson.
                      He'd beat Tyson

Comment

Working...
                      X