Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winky Wright retires!

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Glad to see a fighter know when the fat lady has sung. Unlike Jones, Holyfield, Mosley or Toney, who made way money than Winky. Hopefully Winky was good with his money, so he never has to make any comebacks.

Comment

Originally posted by Light_Speed View Post
      From his twitter :

Winky Wright ‏@RealWinkyWright
      It was fun while it lasted I did what I set out to do and that was to be great. Part of being a good boxer is knowing when to call it quits

If I can't be the champion again theres no need to keep boxing. But I thank all of u from the bottom of my heart for always supporting me&

I'll still be ringside at all the fights!
      That's cool, One of the great jr middleweights. All the best.

Comment

Well done Winky, can you take Jones, Mosley, Holyfield, Toney and all the over 40 Heavyweights with you?

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
          What he said Diesel. It almost seems like you're trying to say Winky himself isn't a legend.
          I thought he was trying to defend them. Implying they aren't doing anything wrong. Not talking about Winky at all.

Comment

would have still loved to see him rematch Jermaine Taylor, but I know its a couple years too late...still wouldn't mind it now to be honest.. but good to see Winky knowing when to call it quits, that to me takes alot of heart to do rather than denial.

Comment

cheers for the fights winky good look in your life after boxing you were damn good in your day

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                Good for him. I thought he put on a good effort last night, but I'm sure he doesn't want to stick around just so he can put up good efforts. Great career!

not a bad fight, either

he was brave as hell to stand up under all of that. quillin can punch and he's got fast hands. he was hitting winky with lots of hard shots.

when winky came back and started throwing and the crowd started chanting his name it got to me
                in winky's prime that would have been a hell of a fight.

kudos to quillin. he looked better than i had remembered him looking. if he can stay active he might make some waves at MW.

Comment

Working...
                X