No announcement yet.

Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Insight into why Fat Dan Rafael hates Haymon fighters and PBC

Haymon has an absolute right to not give interviews. But he has gone beyond that. For example, very few members of the boxing media were invited to the January 14, 2015, press conference at NBC that launched Premier Boxing Champions. Dan Rafael, perhaps the most widely read boxing journalist in the world, was among the uninvited. “I know Al doesn’t like me,” Rafael says. “And that’s fine. There are people I don’t like either. But I do my job as best I can and expect that basic professional courtesy will be extended to me. And I don’t get that from Al.”

This is from the RING. Part 1 of Thomas Hauser's expose on Al Haymon's life which will surely turn into Hauser defaming Haymon.

Fuk hauser and fat Dan.

Comment

Doesn't sound like he hates Haymon/Haymon fighters.

Comment

Hes right though, lack of professional curtosey might be the downfall of pbc.

Comment

Lol doesn't Hauser work for HBO. An also one time dan tweeted a pic of himself and Bob Arum hanging out at Bob's house

Comment

Originally posted by aldo5408 View Post
            Lol doesn't Hauser work for HBO. An also one time dan tweeted a pic of himself and Bob Arum hanging out at Bob's house
            Dan Rafael is a joke. He's Steve Kim-lite. His Twitter and ESPN page are literally and open promotion for HBO affiliated promoters (TR, GBP, ME, RNS), except for Andre Ward. Just like Steve Kim, he hates Andre Ward.

Comment

Comment

Hauser does work for HBO. That's why SB Nation refused to run these Haymon articles, conflict of interest.

Plus Ring is owned by Golden Boy, who are suing Haymon. No conflict there...LOL

Comment

Originally posted by ElBossHogg™ View Post
                  Hes right though, lack of professional curtosey might be the downfall of pbc.
                  Because Haymon refuses to kiss the ring (bending to Rafael, granting him all the access that he feels his "status" merits)? gtfoh.

No venues have issues with Haymon, no TV people (outside of HBO) have issues with Haymon, no fighter managers seem to have issues working with Haymon, and no fight trainers/gyms (sans Top Rank) seem to harbor any animosity towards Haymon.

The boxing media likely won't do him any favors, but the mechanics of actually delivering the fights to the fans is just fine.

Comment

Professional courtesy??? This from the guy who wrote, on ESPN's website, that he wished Adrien Broner would "grow up" this year??

Fuck Dan Rafael.

Comment

Working...
                    X