No announcement yet.

JMM is a throwback, and a Genteman

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JMM is a throwback, and a Genteman

Reminds me of when fighters were real gentlemen. Doesn't go in for all that "gangsta" Lark that is so popular these days. He's the sort of bloke who'd help an elderly woman take her shopping home, and rescue a cat out of a tree on his way back.

But he fights anyone and is all business.

It's a shame he's one of a dying breed really, as most of these young guys have no class, talk trash and duck anyone dangerous.

Jmm is who all fighters should aspire to be like

Originally posted by Earl Hickey View Post
    Reminds me of when fighters were real gentlemen. Doesn't go in for all that "gangsta" Lark that is so popular these days. He's the sort of bloke who'd help an elderly woman take her shopping home, and rescue a cat out of a tree on his way back.

But he fights anyone and is all business.

It's a shame he's one of a dying breed really, as most of these young guys have no class, talk trash and duck anyone dangerous.

Jmm is who all fighters should aspire to be like
    Indeed, good post. I agree that ghetto-like act we see upon fighters is disgusting. Don't see much class anymore.

Comment

"He's a hellraiser, he's a butt-kicker, and he's a caring person. Maybe this makes him all the more beloved to his Hispanic mans. It is the other side of machismo, and why they love him more." - Bert Sugar.

One of the best compliments to a fighter I ever heard.

Comment

it' really is a shame, these new fighters are only concerned with being "swagged out" and "Gangsta". Trying to imitate their idols

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
          it' really is a shame, these new fighters are only concerned with being "swagged out" and "Gangsta". Trying to imitate their idols

So what fighters are these? Outside of Broner I don't see too many fighters with that attitude. I'd really like to know who all these fighters are that are doing this.

Comment

Originally posted by Rip Chudd View Post
            So what fighters are these? Outside of Broner I don't see too many fighters with that attitude. I'd really like to know who all these fighters are that are doing this.
            Mayfield came out rapping talking about "thugs" and "prison",
            Mayweather was raping about "38 specials" and guns,
            Zab Judah was taking about "Angel Garcia better be careful when he comes to brooklyn"
            Garcia coming out to his favorite rap music wearing grills
            Berto trying to do the shoulder roll like his idol and trying to have "swag" and doing the "dougie" @ 1:11

should I keep going?

Comment

Andre Dirrel

Being in a 50 cent video about "hoes"

Comment

Oh, I. Just realised what direction this thread is about to take

Comment

I agree. Marquez would never laugh at his mothers face as she cry's begging him to end his boxing career after a brutal loss. Neither would he cheat on his wife multiple times,gamble away his families future,betray his religion or refuse any type of PED testing.

Comment

Originally posted by MANIAC310 View Post
                    Mayfield came out rapping talking about "thugs" and "prison",
                    Mayweather was raping about "38 specials" and guns,
                    Zab Judah was taking about "Angel Garcia better be careful when he comes to brooklyn"
                    Garcia coming out to his favorite rap music wearing grills
                    Berto trying to do the shoulder roll like his idol and trying to have "swag" and doing the "dougie" @ 1:11

should I keep going?
                    None of that signifies thugged out or gangsta to me. If you come out rapping a song all of a sudden it's because you wanna be gangsta? It couldn't just be because you like rap music? Now if these dudes were out doing ignorant things(like Mayweather) then I could see your point.

Comment

Working...
                    X