Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Juanma should ignore Celestino. If you think this makes him a *****, dare ya to argue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Juanma should ignore Celestino. If you think this makes him a *****, dare ya to argue

Cabs opponents total win/losses - 534/67
    Juanma's opponents total win/ losses - 178/127

Alright, with those two facts on the table, let me just say right now that I love the styles of both fighters. I am more of a Lopez fan, because I'm awed by his power and fighting style. Moving on, I also a serious realist when it comes to putting money on a fight. Before I do that, I look at all angles. All angles, from how easy a guy will cut, to ring experience, to where each guy grew up, (softer childhood means later in the fight they just might ***** up and quit etc) and as far as I can see, this fight at the moment would be outright foolish for Lopez to take.

Lopez shouldn't fight Cab yet. I have high hopes for Lopez...I don't want him to get a bull**** loss against a technical veteran like Cab when he isn't ready for him. Cab has boxed twice the amount of rounds, he has 205 or something and Lopez only has 98. Cab has also been boxing much longer, having made his pro debut in '98, he an 11 year veteran. Lopez only started back in 05. Lopez fights alot more, averaging 6 fights per year with 2005 his debut year having 8 fights. Compare the first part of this post, their opponent's records, and you will truly see that the veteran has the experience advantage over Juanma. It is too early for Juanma to take such a fight. If you are a true Juanma fan and want him to do well on the world level, you will agree with me. This is almost a case of 'The Great White Hype' where that guy beat the current champ ten years ago in the amateurs, then came back pro and his first fight was against teh champ, and he got ktfo, lol.

Compare that to Cab, who fought twice in his debut year, and averages 3-4 fights annually.

I guarantee these numbers are kosher. I may be off by 2-3 on each side but that really is irrelevant considering the sheer volume of wins Cab's opponents have had, offsetting whatever Juanma has done. A betting man cannot ignore that. If there were to fight today, all the smart money would be on Celestino.

Juan Ma is a *****. $1M ??? LMFAO! Talk of fighting Marquez and Vazquez? GTFO. Fighting a guy with 11 losses on their record? GTFO.

Comment

Originally posted by Shattered Jaw View Post
      Juan Ma is a *****. $1M ??? LMFAO! Talk of fighting Marquez and Vazquez? GTFO. Fighting a guy with 11 losses on their record? GTFO.

Comment

yup he is a *****. if he thinks he could beat him then do it and shut celestino up

Comment

Originally posted by djmccheesy View Post
          yup he is a *****. if he thinks he could beat him then do it and shut celestino up
          Why Caballero hasn't fought a rematch with Cordoba? He wants to prove himself as the best 122 fighting JUANMA but not Cordoba who beat him once.
          This is about money, a man fighting nobody will get nowhere, but if he fights Rogers Mtagwa I will be so dissappointed of his team.
          Gamboa is schedule for the same event at the Madison.
          Caballero-Juanma would be a great event for a title unification but I don't bash my fighter now to be kissing his ass later like many here do.

Comment

Originally posted by Dynamite Glove View Post
            Cabs opponents total win/losses - 534/67
            Juanma's opponents total win/ losses - 178/127

Alright, with those two facts on the table, let me just say right now that I love the styles of both fighters. I am more of a Lopez fan, because I'm awed by his power and fighting style. Moving on, I also a serious realist when it comes to putting money on a fight. Before I do that, I look at all angles. All angles, from how easy a guy will cut, to ring experience, to where each guy grew up, (softer childhood means later in the fight they just might ***** up and quit etc) and as far as I can see, this fight at the moment would be outright foolish for Lopez to take.

Lopez shouldn't fight Cab yet. I have high hopes for Lopez...I don't want him to get a bull**** loss against a technical veteran like Cab when he isn't ready for him. Cab has boxed twice the amount of rounds, he has 205 or something and Lopez only has 98. Cab has also been boxing much longer, having made his pro debut in '98, he an 11 year veteran. Lopez only started back in 05. Lopez fights alot more, averaging 6 fights per year with 2005 his debut year having 8 fights. Compare the first part of this post, their opponent's records, and you will truly see that the veteran has the experience advantage over Juanma. It is too early for Juanma to take such a fight. If you are a true Juanma fan and want him to do well on the world level, you will agree with me. This is almost a case of 'The Great White Hype' where that guy beat the current champ ten years ago in the amateurs, then came back pro and his first fight was against teh champ, and he got ktfo, lol.

Compare that to Cab, who fought twice in his debut year, and averages 3-4 fights annually.

I guarantee these numbers are kosher. I may be off by 2-3 on each side but that really is irrelevant considering the sheer volume of wins Cab's opponents have had, offsetting whatever Juanma has done. A betting man cannot ignore that. If there were to fight today, all the smart money would be on Celestino.
            I dont know where you get your stats but my research tells me that the opponents totals are:

Caballero´s: 555-124-31 in 34 fighters
            Juanma´s: 490-129-29 in 26 fighters

Now that divided by number of fights and rounded up to the nearest tenth leaves an average record of

Caballero´s: 16-4-1
            Juanma´s: 19-5-1

Now with that out of the way, I think its downright gay to excuse Juanma for not fighting Caballero when he is already thinking of going up in weight and asking to fight the likes of greats Vazquez and Marquez. Especially since he complains of those guys not fighting him when he does the same to Caballero.

Comment

Screw Juanma, he's a ****ing champion and unless we want another paper champion the best should fight the best, and besides that african that defeated Caballero on Panana there is no one else with belts at 122.

Comment

Originally posted by ELHURACAN58 View Post
                I dont know where you get your stats but my research tells me that the opponents totals are:

Now that divided by number of fights and rounded up to the nearest tenth leaves an average record of

Now with that out of the way, I think its downright gay to excuse Juanma for not fighting Caballero when he is already thinking of going up in weight and asking to fight the likes of greats Vazquez and Marquez. Especially since he complains of those guys not fighting him when he does the same to Caballero.
                Co sign!!!!!!!

Comment

Golden post homey. I like Lopez, but he's bein a *****. Fight the guy.

Comment

Couldn't have said it any better.

LOL at the ts having high hopes for Lopez. You know what every great HOF have in common?? THEY TOOK RISKS!!

Comment

Working...
                    X