Collapse
No announcement yet.

Game of Thrones [TV] Master Thread

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What I'm getting tired of is the Arya story line. Started out good, but got boring when she met the no-face guy. She was better off with the Hound.

Comment

• Hey did anybody notice the ship Tristan Martell was in the harbor at Kings Landing? At the season finale last season all three of the Sand Snakes were still in Dorne. I guess I have to have a vivid imagination as to how they got all the way to Kings Landing just in time to kill Tristan. Also, why didn't Jaime just have them turn the boat around go back and say wtf? They were still in sight of Dorne. Bad hole in the plot.

Comment

• Originally posted by Sterling Archer View Post
        what ive noticed so far about people complaining about the dorne story line they are all done by BOOK READERS. personally, as a non book reader, i quite enjoy everytime they show dorne and the sand snakes.

that was one of the few bright spots in the season opener for me.

ive always enjoyed looking at the sand snakes and her fighting killing daughters.

i guess if you invested that much time reading the vast material you would be pissed if they changed it for the show.

book readers gonna book reader.

i think sand snakes dorne gonna tie in with danaerys since they hate the lannister who hold the crown right now. lannister are gonna team up with the rose family and another powerful family and they are gonna get squeezed from both sides by jon snow/wildling sansa bran rickon/ theon, osha coalition from the north with danearys tyrion sand snakes new dothraki hoard coalition coming from the the other side.
        Even if you don't read the book, how do you find the Dorne story line good? It makes no sense. Besides the bad writing and dialogue, those sand snakes who are bastards that overthrow Dorne, which by the way kingslaying is looked at one of the most unthinkable acts. So the other houses in Dorne are just gonna follow them? Just like with the Boltons in the North who need Sansa because the other houses are loyal to the Starks, the houses in Dorne are loyal to the Martells. I guess if you use Show logic anything is possible

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
          Hey did anybody notice the ship Tristan Martell was in the harbor at Kings Landing? At the season finale last season all three of the Sand Snakes were still in Dorne. I guess I have to have a vivid imagination as to how they got all the way to Kings Landing just in time to kill Tristan. Also, why didn't Jaime just have them turn the boat around go back and say wtf? They were still in sight of Dorne. Bad hole in the plot.
          They have the same teleportation amulet that Brienne of Tarth has.

Comment

• Originally posted by Death_Adder View Post
            They have the same teleportation amulet that Brienne of Tarth has.
            Yeah I guess.

Comment

• People are upset about Dorne because there's no continuity or reason to the story. Someone mentioned that Oberhn said in Dorne we don't hurt little girls. But his bastards and mistress were hell bent into killing Marcella. How does killing Oberyn's brother avenge his death. Oberhn loves his brother not hate him. So technique ally the sand snakes went against everything Oberyn believes in.

Comment

• Is it just me? Or do the sand snakes look better this season? Bad acting but have them get naked every once and a while I'll forget about it.

Comment

• dorne is going the way that it's going because they want to accelerate dorne's war against the lannisters. the sandsnakes don't give a ****, and it seems dorne doesn't either. they just want to vanquish the lannisters.

the lannisters/tyrells are going to be stretched thin when dany arrives.

Comment

• Originally posted by Pessimistic View Post
                    Hey did anybody notice the ship Tristan Martell was in the harbor at Kings Landing? At the season finale last season all three of the Sand Snakes were still in Dorne. I guess I have to have a vivid imagination as to how they got all the way to Kings Landing just in time to kill Tristan. Also, why didn't Jaime just have them turn the boat around go back and say wtf? They were still in sight of Dorne. Bad hole in the plot.

Well, you can still explain Jaime's decision to proceed onward to
                    King's Landing as understandable distrust of Dorne from a safety
                    standpoint: his niece Myrcella had just been poisoned, after all.

One can also still explain the appearance of those Sand Snakes
                    (Obara and Nymeria) in King's Landing via a faster ship (it's a
                    stretch, yes, but bear with me).

The real problems are:
                    1. If Ellaria had so much support for her coup (the Palace guards
                    sided with her), why not kill Doran, Tristane, and Myrcella at the
                    dock BEFORE the ship ever left? They would have gotten Jaime
                    Lannister as well
                    , which is a lot closer to getting 'revenge' than
                    killing an innocent girl--precisely the sort of girl that the late
                    Prince Oberyn claimed weren't harmed in Dorne. In fact, it's tough
                    reconciling "avenging Prince Oberyn" with killing his beloved brother
                    Doran and presumably-beloved nephew Tristane. If it's not just
                    about revenge, fine, but that show made Ellaria all about revenge.

2. Why wasn't Tristane secured properly in King's Landing?
                    If Jaime thought Doran was complicit in Myrcella's murder, Tristane
                    was a valuable hostage and should have been protected carefully.
                    If Jaime thought Doran was not complicit, all the more reason to
                    secure Doran's heir (Tristane), because Doran had lost control and
                    was not long for the world. Note that prior to his murder, Tristane
                    was shown painting his betrothed's funerary eye-stones, hence he
                    was likely still in King's Landing, albeit hidden from Cersei's wrath.

I think it's just a case of the show no longer having the books to
                    go by, and suffering from a case of "scriptwriting by committee".
                    When you try to please multiple special interests, you can lose
                    storytelling integrity very quickly.

It wasn't a particularly good episode, but it wasn't as bad as too
                    many critics make out to have been.

JM2
                    Last edited by horge; 04-28-2016, 11:39 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by AntonTheMeh View Post
                      dorne is going the way that it's going because they want to accelerate dorne's war against the lannisters. the sandsnakes don't give a ****, and it seems dorne doesn't either. they just want to vanquish the lannisters.

the lannisters/tyrells are going to be stretched thin when dany arrives.
                      Hopefully Danerys dies soon. Her character is boring

Comment

Working...
                      X