No announcement yet.

pacquiao vs Algeria ppv buys

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• pacquiao vs Algeria ppv buys

What is your guys prediction. As a boxing fan I always want the ppv buys to do good no matter who fights as I want the sport to do well. However, I am struggling to see this fight do good so I'm guessing 400k with a 100k swing for min and max. If it goes over 500k I would be happy but big time shocked.

Not much hype around this fight. The fight is tomorrow and there are more Mayweather threads than Pacquiao threads. All PAC has to do is get passed this guy and better fights can be made after that.

Comment

400-600k. Anything over 500k would be a success.

Pac gettng 20 milly tax-free is a sweet little deal. That'd be the exact same as a 35ish million dollar guarantee in the Las Vegas.

Comment

Don't think it matters a great deal. I think it's more about the Asian market!

Comment

Originally posted by Psylence83 View Post
          Don't think it matters a great deal. I think it's more about the Asian market!
          This.

Brilliant business move by the old man - to recognize the huge market potential that has been relatively untapped in Asia. China, in particular, is only going to become a bigger, adn bigger market for all sports in the future.

So Arum, like always, is not only thinkng about the money here and now, but the potential future money by establishing a foot n the market now.

Comment

Personally I find it hard to see how this fight is going to do better than the Rios fight.

Comment

Arum is finally realizing that USA is no longer the "only place" for the biggest, and best boxing, and boxers.

It's become a true global, international sport.

Look around - the best boxers are spread out across Europe, South America/Mexico, and Japan even has a nce little piece of the market for lower weight divisions.

The gap is only getting larger - between the amount of the best boxers being spread out, and not just in USA. 30 years ago, it was a different story. In 30 more years, I think the best boxers will be primarily from Europe, and Mexico.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike D View Post
                Personally I find it hard to see how this fight is going to do better than the Rios fight.
                Yeah, Rios had a somewhat decent presence in the Mexican-American boxing fan base. While Algieri, being a homegrown American White kid, doesn't have that piece of the market.

The only reason I can thnk, is that this is Pac's second fight n China, and thngs wll be more established ths tme - and somehow that will hellp the fight do better than the very first foray into the PPV market there.

And he's no longer coming off a two-fight losing streak like he did going into the Rios fight. He's established again after soundly beatng Bradley (really the second tme he did, of course).

Comment

I'm predicting around 500k buys.

Arum said that everyone made money on the Rios fight so if it does that its a success.

As people have already said, Arum and Top Rank are playing the long game here.

Jim Rogers said that the 19th century belonged to England. The 20th century belongs to America. The 21st century belongs to China.

Its already happening. Macau makes Vegas look like Detroit.

Comment

Originally posted by Check_hooks View Post
                    Macau makes Vegas look like Detroit.
                    whoa whoa whoa brotha I'm from Detroit

Comment

Working...
                    X