Collapse
No announcement yet.

Who quit worse? Ortiz or DeMarco?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Real disappointing watching Demarco in this fight. I thought he basically had no answer for the left hand. Every time a left hand from Valero would come, Demarco would duck or try to roll the punch. He was basically waiting for Valero to finish throwing his punches to see when he can throw his. I thought a better strategy would be to parry or block that left hand and counter. Not sure if this is how Demarco fights, but it sure looked to me that he was very cautious of Valero's left hand and looking real scared in there.

Valero looked real good. I've seen this type of Valero in sparring before, but never in a real fight. I thought Demarco would pose more of a problem, but I guess Demarco ducking and doing his best immitation of a punching bag had other thoughts

Ortiz quit much worse than Demarco, but I had a feeling Demarco didn't want any of the Communist after the first round. The way Ortiz quit, he basically sounded like he was contimplating retirement in his early 20's right after the fight! At least Demarco can probably pad his resume with some more messicans until he can get another fight on shobox.

That being said, Demarco looks to be a total hype job.

Comment

while i was very dissapointed in demarco for going out like that, ortiz quit way worse fashion...he could have beat maidana but didnt have an ounce of heart to continue. im still a fan of demarco though....

Comment

Open scoring allowed DeMarco to quit. He was gettin whipped and knew how bad he was losing it made sense to stop. I hate these dumbass threads tho.

Comment

Definetly Dela Hoya. He started this quiting business for latino fighters.

Comment

Ortiz, end of story. De Marco's head was never in that fight last night; nor was he ever remotely a factor in that fight last night what's so ever. His corner stopping the fight was the right move for him because he was getting beat every round.

Comment

He would have kept going, it was the corner that didnt like the way he was responding that made the call. But, DeMarco took valero's shots, nobody seems to be thinking about that.

Comment

Originally posted by Trenchant View Post
                He would have kept going, it was the corner that didnt like the way he was responding that made the call. But, DeMarco took valero's shots, nobody seems to be thinking about that.
                i was a little annoyed because tony didnt fight the way that he could plus this fight came too soon but i agree with you he showed some chin but took to many shots like before the ninth he looked like he was ****ed but he still went out and fought

Comment

Yall stop ur bitchin..At least demarco had the balls to fight valero.
                  Soto,diaz and marquez all could fight him in mexico but didnt.
                  Demarco could of been a dick and demand the fight in U.S,where
                  valero cant fight and got him stripped.

Comment

Working...
                  X