No announcement yet.

Thurman rehydrated to a ripped 162 with little soft tissue

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Thurman rehydrated to a ripped 162 with little soft tissue

He was ripped, not much muscle bulk, little fat, basically a skin and bone 162 pounder in there.

This guy is a big welterweight, and I think he struggles to make the weight, how much longer do you think he has at 147?

Not sure if Thurman stays in decent shape after fights. He only fights twice a year and since he's been making 147 I would think two years, three tops.

He's already had several fights past the 147 limit, but not in a couple years.
    Past fights he's came in as low as 145.5 (Julio Diaz fight), usually he comes in at 146.

Thurman weighed in at 146 and rehydrated to 153 against Bundu.

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
      Not sure if Thurman stays in decent shape after fights. He only fights twice a year and since he's been making 147 I would think two years, three tops.

He's already had several fights past the 147 limit, but not in a couple years.
      Past fights he's came in as low as 145.5 (Julio Diaz fight), usually he comes in at 146.

Thurman weighed in at 146 and rehydrated to 153 against Bundu.
      Which means he was in tremendous shape

Comment

Originally posted by jas View Post
        Which means he was in tremendous shape
        Guerrero got a hell of a chin that's for sure... I was surprised Thurman was a damn Middleweight in there. All that weight probably caused him to tire and clinch more in the last couple rounds.

15 pounds rehydration!

Comment

Originally posted by SlySlickSmooth View Post
          Guerrero got a hell of a chin that's for sure... I was surprised Thurman was a damn Middleweight in there. All that weight probably caused him to tire and clinch more in the last couple rounds.

15 pounds rehydration!
          I've not seen any research in to it but putting that much weight on in 24 hrs doesn't seem like a good thing to me.

Comment

It was odd he rehydrated so high. He's definitely a welterweight though. He looked big because Guerrero is so small. There are tons of welterweights that rehydrate to 160+. 13lbs isn't much, especially to regain overnight. I've gained 7-8lbs as an amateur on same day weigh-ins. Those were 4-8 hours from fight time.

Comment

hes going to super welter sometime in the future, but thats it.

Comment

Originally posted by Funky_Monk View Post
                I've not seen any research in to it but putting that much weight on in 24 hrs doesn't seem like a good thing to me.
                It can't be good on the body\heart to train down the weight, and then put all that weight back on within a 24-hour period.

I agree, I would like to see some research into how that behavior impacts performance both short and long-term.

Comment

ya thurman could fight at 154 no probelm and if im not mistaken already has earlier in his career. I personally want to see canelo thurman i want to see thurman maidana as well but maidana was supposed to be the fighter on the card yesterday not guerrero but said no

Comment

thurman also looked way bigger then guerrero that was clear as day to the eyes

Comment

Working...
                    X