No announcement yet.

What was wrong with Price?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What was wrong with Price?

He looked gassed from R2! When he was clearly winning! Nerves? Poor preparation? He threw a lot of punches in R3 but looked completely drained when he walk back to the corner... Over trained? Or just overmatched?

I believe hes only been past 4 once and didn't try to pace himself. Nerves won't of helped and the fact he telegraphed everything. He put full power into everything.

His diet is also rubbish, hes gone on record saying he eats what he likes.

6ft8, 250lb guy who eats what he wants and fighting that way

Comment

Price wasn't ready to fight a guy like Thompson imo. There were a few factors that led to him gassing out. The pace of the fight plus the fact that he was putting everything into each punch slowed Price down considerably. Price had good success in the beginning of the 2nd when he used his jab but he didn't stick with it consistently. The jab could've slowed Thompson/the pace of the fight down. Price's aggressiveness was a result of having Thompson badly hurt. He thought he was going to get TT out of there soon. But Thompson was resilient and weathered the storm. Once Price punched himself out, he was a sitting duck.

Thompson's body punching shouldn't be overlooked either. He hurt Price to the body a few times. I thought he was about to double over in the 4th.

Comment

Poor conditioning, poor attitude, poor movement, poor management

Comment

I think all the pressure really took it out of him. Like I stated in other threads Price looked extremely stressed making his ring walk.

Comment

He'll need to go on a domestic tour. Try to fight durable guys with no power to build up his confidence and stamina. Won't be easy.

Comment

I think the biggest problem with Price is that he sucks. If he didn't suck so bad he'd probably be good.

Comment

He wasn't really built up properly, KO guys like Harrison isn't going to prepare you for durable experienced fighters. He hasn't shown that he can take a good punch or that he can fight over 10 rounds without gassing. And in both his fights with Thompson both his chin and stamina were exposed.

Comment

same reason wladimir fights as boring as he does, tough being a big guy, with powerful muscles, and not have sht stamina

Comment

His Cardio was CRAP, he can't fight inside for **** and OLD Tony Thompson exposed him...AGAIN!

Was he ever that good? Who did he fought to make fans believe he was "GOOD" before Thompson? That is what happens when you go crazy over a fighter beating on BUMS only to get disappointed when he steps up his level of competition and look like the average/below average fight that he is.

And NO Don't blame Lennox Lewis for you lacking Skills...BLAME YOURSELF!

Comment

Working...
                    X