No announcement yet.

A fighter is fighting a man 17 pounds smaller

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by techliam View Post
    Brook is 156 for the same day IBF weigh-in, right? Which stipulates not 10lb heavier than the divisional weight (157).

Anyone know Brook's actual fight night weight?
    That's his Showtime weight from a couple hours before, not his IBF weight which is in morning.

Comment

Welterweight Lifes Matter

Comment

the same bs as canelo, but then again boxing is business first, sports a distant second, fans get shafted and keep on paying, we never learn.

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
          Golovkin is 173 on fight night and Kell Brook is 156. Where is the outrage?

Is racism so strong that we let this sniveling coward fight anyone she wants?
          Golovkin will be 170/171 and Brook willl be 165. Mark my words.

Comment

Golovkin will look big next to Brook. The bigger problem is how Brook plans to handle the size disparity. He can stay on the smaller end, hoping for a speed advantage. Problem with that, is Brook really isnt that fast himself. He can try to bulk up, but that will make him look even more stiff and robotic than he already does. Not many easy options for Brook. I get why he took this fight, but there seems to be next to no path to victory for him.
            Last edited by Kagami Taiga; 07-11-2016, 06:09 PM.

Comment

Brook is 156 for the same day IBF weigh-in, right? Which stipulates not 10lb heavier than the divisional weight (157).

Anyone know Brook's actual fight night weight?
              This is the truth probably. Brook himself said he's huge. But let's wait until the fight. It's not the same a Brook fighting at WW than a Brook fighting at MW.

Comment

If only Canelo didnt duck.

Comment

Golovkin is 173 on fight night and Kell Brook is 156. Where is the outrage?

Is racism so strong that we let this sniveling coward fight anyone she wants?
                  Kinda like when Gatti fought Joey Gamache!!

That sucks big time.

Comment

That's his Showtime weight from a couple hours before, not his IBF weight which is in morning.
                    Where did you see this? I'm struggling to find anywhere that shows this.

I find it hard to believe that Brook weighs the same, on fight night, as a lot of junior welterweights.. no way. Broner/Molina rehydrated to 154-157+, as did Peterson (165), Garcia 157.

Golovkin consistently weighs an estimate of 170lb during fight night, with your post conveniently quoting his highest ever weight. Golovkin has weighed 165lb 30 days before a fight (WBC 30-day weigh in), and has done so on multiple occasions.

Whilst Brook is definitely a smaller fighter (Golovkin deserves criticism for the fight), 17lb is extremely selective and misleading. Do you have a link to your thread where you made a post criticising Canelo/Khan? I'd like to see the similar outrage

Comment

Where did you see this? I'm struggling to find anywhere that shows this.

I find it hard to believe that Brook weighs the same, on fight night, as a lot of junior welterweights.. no way. Broner/Molina rehydrated to 154-157+, as did Peterson (165), Garcia 157.

Golovkin consistently weighs an estimate of 170lb during fight night, with your post conveniently quoting his highest ever weight. Golovkin has weighed 165lb 30 days before a fight (WBC 30-day weigh in), and has done so on multiple occasions.

Whilst Brook is definitely a smaller fighter (Golovkin deserves criticism for the fight), 17lb is extremely selective and misleading. Do you have a link to your thread where you made a post criticising Canelo/Khan? I'd like to see the similar outrage
                      He has good sources

Comment

Working...
                      X