No announcement yet.

Showtime offers Top Rank $1.1M for Loma-Walters

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by about.thousands View Post
    If Top Rank put up the money as a bonus it would work. But I'm pretty sure risking your own money could be seen as gambling. Betting sites wouldn't touch that fight.
    He didn't say if you beat me I'll write you a check for my purse. He said it would be in the contract, basically his purse would be up for grabs to the winner. Walters amount is written in the contract and Loma's would go to the winner

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
      Yeah losing Chavez, Cotto, Garcia, Marquez inactive, and soon Pacquiao, has lost there leverage at HBO.

Crawford is limited in his star power, and we still don't know what Verdejo will be. Top rank just doesn't have the leverage they once did.

But if arum went to Showtime, his leverage in this sport would be dead. Hbo would say adios, and Haymon would make him get rid of his lawsuit, and than bleed him to death for Showtime fights.

Hbo is doing a good job driving the prices down for there fighters, it's needed for the future of the sport, Showtime needs to do the same.

Yeah man, crazy never really thought of how you laid it out with all of their marquee fighters got poached , left the company or on the way out really quickly and have no real fighters ready to take their position.

agree the lines drawn in the sand once you switch sides theirs no going back if TR went to PBC /Showtime while the lawsuit would be dead, But is that even a slam dunk ?

IT won't happen but the more I think of about it the more I like the idea of TR with PBC /Showtime they get access to plenty of TV dates , their young guys with FS1 can be built which TR has proven they could do and they could put Loma /Walters /Donaire in with a sh.it load of good names at 126 range , Bradley /Vargas gets access to the cream of the crop at WW with potential PPV fights for Tim and Ramerez & Hart could have access to the majority of names at 168, No real advantage for Postol /Crawford except one would get to purge on Broner.

Plus TR holds most of the WBo belts and between TR/PBC could potentially have the whole division sewn up with 3/4 or 4/4 belts belonging on that side.

Comment

Originally posted by vman075 View Post
        He didn't say if you beat me I'll write you a check for my purse. He said it would be in the contract, basically his purse would be up for grabs to the winner. Walters amount is written in the contract and Loma's would go to the winner
        Yea the purse is his guaranteed money. I know for a fact that won't fly in Vegas, NY, or Cali. The purse reported to the commissions are put into an escrow acct by the commissions and given to the fighters as soon as the fight is over. Ask OnePunch he would know better than I do. I'm just going off what I've been told by someone who worked promotions.

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
          Is that gambling? Lomachenko will not win anymore than what he's guaranteed if he wins. Walters will win $300k more if he wins. Plus Lomachenko said to put it as a stipulation in the contract. I don't see how that's illegal.
          You can not put your purse up vs your opponent. The boxing media is pathetic for claiming Loma could.

Comment

Seeing stuff like this makes you get disgusted at what a cluster**** boxing is. It's a turn off. UFC is superior than boxing in every aspect.

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
              Yeah man, crazy never really thought of how you laid it out with all of their marquee fighters got poached , left the company or on the way out really quickly and have no real fighters ready to take their position.

agree the lines drawn in the sand once you switch sides theirs no going back if TR went to PBC /Showtime while the lawsuit would be dead, But is that even a slam dunk ?

IT won't happen but the more I think of about it the more I like the idea of TR with PBC /Showtime they get access to plenty of TV dates , their young guys with FS1 can be built which TR has proven they could do and they could put Loma /Walters /Donaire in with a sh.it load of good names at 126 range , Bradley /Vargas gets access to the cream of the crop at WW with potential PPV fights for Tim and Ramerez & Hart could have access to the majority of names at 168, No real advantage for Postol /Crawford except one would get to purge on Broner.

Plus TR holds most of the WBo belts and between TR/PBC could potentially have the whole division sewn up with 3/4 or 4/4 belts belonging on that side.
              Haymon has no intentions of working with top rank, he's trying to make them extinct.

He's been trying since he had his fighters on golden boy. The cold war wasn't between golden boy and TR, it was between Haymon and top rank.

Comment

Originally posted by AddiX View Post
                Haymon has no intentions of working with top rank, he's trying to make them extinct.

He's been trying since he had his fighters on golden boy. The cold war wasn't between golden boy and TR, it was between Haymon and top rank.
                For sure I get what your saying and agree For the most part. And don't think it'll happen too much history, lawsuits & poaching between the 2 but if you look at it these 2 would basically put a strangle hold on boxing as far as talent,belts, TV goes and a lot of their positive attributes compliment each other

But I don't think with Haymon it's about making TR extinct, it's about power and TR held the power in boxing and now they are being treated like HBO dirty step child barely giving them more airtime then 1 fighter Promo Companies . they worked together for May /Pac not the best way to make your enemy extinct by giving him a 100million +.

Haymon has the Power with the TV times and majority of the talent especially the divisions that TR has their fighters in. Arum would have to swallow his pride but it'd be crazy combination Itd essentially leave HBo with 4 fighters

I have a better chance catching a unicorn and a leprechaun tomorrow then this happening but it'd be sick if it did and probably work out good for both parties

Comment

Originally posted by CaneloMaidana View Post
                  You can not put your purse up vs your opponent. The boxing media is pathetic for claiming Loma could.
                  Didn't Jones do something like that for the Hopkins rematch?

Comment

Originally posted by R_Walken View Post
                    For sure I get what your saying and agree For the most part. And don't think it'll happen too much history, lawsuits & poaching between the 2 but if you look at it these 2 would basically put a strangle hold on boxing as far as talent,belts, TV goes and a lot of their positive attributes compliment each other

But I don't think with Haymon it's about making TR extinct, it's about power and TR held the power in boxing and now they are being treated like HBO dirty step child barely giving them more airtime then 1 fighter Promo Companies . they worked together for May /Pac not the best way to make your enemy extinct by giving him a 100million +.

Haymon has the Power with the TV times and majority of the talent especially the divisions that TR has their fighters in. Arum would have to swallow his pride but it'd be crazy combination Itd essentially leave HBo with 4 fighters

I have a better chance catching a unicorn and a leprechaun tomorrow then this happening but it'd be sick if it did and probably work out good for both parties
                    You saw what happened to golden boy when they partnered up with Haymon.

No freaking way arum will do that.

For not canelo, golden boy would be completely dead right now.

Comment

We need to see this fight. Super frustrating if this really wont end up happening in the end.

Comment

Working...
                      X