No announcement yet.

Boxing's biggest myth exposed: "Calzaghe just slaps"

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by BRITISH LlON View Post
    Eubank later fought Carl Thompson (the guy knocked out Haye) AT CRUISERWEIGHT. So Eubank knows how power changes in weight divisions. When he says Calzaghe hits hard, then he says it cause he means it. And who are you to say different really? Have you been hit by Calzaghe or Cruiserweights? No? Cause Eubank has.

Did you not read any of the posts above about Eubank taking the fight on 11 days notice and having to cut so much weight? As well as him being at the tail end of his career.

That loss was more to do with Hayes lack of conditioning & inexperience though you don't need to ask Eubank if Thompson hit hard, its a given.

Eubank always had problems with southpaws, even in his prime. He didn't get chance to prepare and likely wasn't used to the angles. Its not about power as such, the shots you don't see coming & are unprepared for are the ones that do damage. He probably (not certain) had a full camp to prepare for Thompson who was orthodox

Comment

Must be a bunch of fake wanna-be boxers out there then to lose a fight because of getting slapped around.

Comment

He was probably embarrassed slappy Joe dropped him.

Except for Eubank & a shot to pieces Woodhall who worth mentioning did Joe ever stop legitimately or drop?

He couldn't even dent a blinded, shot to pieces, 40yr old Roy who was nearly a decade past his prime.

Comment

I'll just put a big asterik beside Joe, just like with Manny, good fighters who were sold to the public as great fighters..

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            He was probably embarrassed slappy Joe dropped him.

Except for Eubank & a shot to pieces Woodhall who worth mentioning did Joe ever stop legitimately or drop?

He couldn't even dent a blinded, shot to pieces, 40yr old Roy who was nearly a decade past his prime.
            this...

i've never believed calzaghe was a good puncher because i've never seen him knock a prime top 10 fighter out cold or even drop one bad...and no lacy does not count

if rjj said tarver was the hardest puncher he ever faced no one would even consider that to be truthful yet with calzaghe there's always people who do

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
              Did you not read any of the posts above about Eubank taking the fight on 11 days notice and having to cut so much weight? As well as him being at the tail end of his career.

That loss was more to do with Hayes lack of conditioning & inexperience though you don't need to ask Eubank if Thompson hit hard, its a given.

Eubank always had problems with southpaws, even in his prime. He didn't get chance to prepare and likely wasn't used to the angles. Its not about power as such, the shots you don't see coming & are unprepared for are the ones that do damage. He probably (not certain) had a full camp to prepare for Thompson who was orthodox
              You should listen to yourself. You are trying to deny what Eubank said in that interview. He didn't say he was completely weight drained although he could have said that or added it at least. But he didn't say it. People asked him what he thinks about Calzaghe. And he said Calzaghe has very fast hands and very good power. Who are you to judge Eubank's judgment. I mean Eubank himself says Calzaghe has good power and all you do is act as if Eubank was so weight drained that night that he is not able to judge how much power his opponent has. Isn't that just a typical sign of a Calzaghe hater? Or a hater in general?
              I don't even care about Calzaghe, and I am not british. So forget my username.

Comment

Originally posted by -PANDA- View Post
                this...

i've never believed calzaghe was a good puncher because i've never seen him knock a prime top 10 fighter out cold or even drop one bad...and no lacy does not count

if rjj said tarver was the hardest puncher he ever faced no one would even consider that to be truthful yet with calzaghe there's always people who do
                Lacy does not count? I bet you were one of the 99 % of boxing fans who thought Lacy would destroy "the joke Calzaghe". And afterwards you just said "Lacy was never ****".
                As for the RJJ-Tarver comment: Eubank didn't say Calzaghe is the hardest puncher he ever faced. He said Calzaghe punches hard. Not more and not less. So stick to facts.

Comment

Lacy does not count? I bet you were one of the 99 % of boxing fans who thought Lacy would destroy "the joke Calzaghe". And afterwards you just said "Lacy was never ****".
                  actually i was one of the people who felt lacy was overrated after he struggled with sheika and always looked slow as ****

Comment

You should listen to yourself. You are trying to deny what Eubank said in that interview. He didn't say he was completely weight drained although he could have said that or added it at least. But he didn't say it. People asked him what he thinks about Calzaghe. And he said Calzaghe has very fast hands and very good power. Who are you to judge Eubank's judgment. I mean Eubank himself says Calzaghe has good power and all you do is act as if Eubank was so weight drained that night that he is not able to judge how much power his opponent has. Isn't that just a typical sign of a Calzaghe hater? Or a hater in general?
                    I don't even care about Calzaghe, and I am not british. So forget my username.

This is a boxing forum, may as well close it down if we're not allowed too disagree with what boxers say! Because if he said he was weight drained and such it would make him sound like a sore loser despite that actually being a valid point. He was preparing for a fight at cruiser against an orthodox opponent & had to make 168 for a southpaw on only 11 days notice, of course he was drained & probably severely too.

You're not British lmao, sure you aren't!

Who did Joe ever drop or stop legitimately in his entire career worth a damn except a shot Woodhall & Eubank at the tail ends of their careers?

Am I too take Eubanks words over Joes power or should I say lack of over countless hours of footage and the words of a shed load of opposition who also felt his power?

Comment

As for the RJJ-Tarver comment: Eubank didn't say Calzaghe is the hardest puncher he ever faced. He said Calzaghe punches hard. Not more and not less. So stick to facts.
                      wait you still think lacy was good?

Comment

Working...
                      X