Collapse
No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Cleverly Ready To Fight Hopkins on March 9 at Barclays

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I heard all this great stuff about Cleverly. Then I watched him and was thinking, I thought this guy was supposed to be really good. I was unimpressed, but he's young and is fighting a very old Hopkins. Cleverly might win.

Comment

Another white boy for him to be robbed against

Comment

Originally posted by #GlowinOrb View Post
        dat mad

Comment

Originally posted by #GlowinOrb View Post
          am i correct in assuming that you are a black person?
          if so, why can a black person get away with saying such stuff?
          if i (as a white man)were to say such things like "black boy" as alan minter did pre-fight with the great marvin hagler or "white and proud" im seen as racist.
          there is a problem that does exist within black communities where people such as yourself(if you really are black) would cry like a b1tch if any white person were to even make a slight remark or gesturethat could equally be seen as a racial comment.(like rio ferdinand).
          its funny how the young people of today perceive this well worn excuse to cry for example, my son who is eleven years old with a good sense of right and wrong and a brain between his ears, said to me recently while watching the latest news on the rio ferdinand race row.
          i branded him a racist and my said, "how can he be a racist? hes black"!
          i could be in the presence of a black person and say something like, "did anybody see david haye in the jungle last night"(as he was on the reality tv show) and i would be scorned by insults and accusations of being a racist.
          thats how easy it is so, justify saying the above statement before being branded as a racist.
          i have a serious problem with the likes of this type of person(any person).
          i guess that makes me a racist because im white and proud.
          im also proud of what a white boy "the great" joe calzaghe did to hopkins who only tried to steal the fight as you will know if watched or had any knolledge of this sport.
          there is a name for the kind of person of which i speak.?

Comment

Originally posted by RossCA View Post
            I heard all this great stuff about Cleverly. Then I watched him and was thinking, I thought this guy was supposed to be really good. I was unimpressed, but he's young and is fighting a very old Hopkins. Cleverly might win.
            From whom?

I don't know anyone who rates Cleverly apart from maybe Welsh users. He's very undeserving of a world championship and the publicity/attention he got from fighting in America on Saturday.

Comment

Originally posted by micky1971 View Post
              am i correct in assuming that you are a black person?
              if so, why can a black person get away with saying such stuff?
              if i (as a white man)were to say such things like "black boy" as alan minter did pre-fight with the great marvin hagler or "white and proud" im seen as racist.
              there is a problem that does exist within black communities where people such as yourself(if you really are black) would cry like a b1tch if any white person were to even make a slight remark or gesturethat could equally be seen as a racial comment.(like rio ferdinand).
              its funny how the young people of today perceive this well worn excuse to cry for example, my son who is eleven years old with a good sense of right and wrong and a brain between his ears, said to me recently while watching the latest news on the rio ferdinand race row.
              i branded him a racist and my said, "how can he be a racist? hes black"!
              i could be in the presence of a black person and say something like, "did anybody see david haye in the jungle last night"(as he was on the reality tv show) and i would be scorned by insults and accusations of being a racist.
              thats how easy it is so, justify saying the above statement before being branded as a racist.
              i have a serious problem with the likes of this type of person(any person).
              i guess that makes me a racist because im white and proud.
              im also proud of what a white boy "the great" joe calzaghe did to hopkins who only tried to steal the fight as you will know if watched or had any knolledge of this sport.
              there is a name for the kind of person of which i speak.?
              Before the Calzaghe fight Hopkins said something like "I ain't losin' to no white boy" so I would assume that the poster you quoted was making a reference to that.

Comment

Originally posted by D-MiZe View Post
                From whom?

I don't know anyone who rates Cleverly apart from maybe Welsh users. He's very undeserving of a world championship and the publicity/attention he got from fighting in America on Saturday.
                you hate him.

I'm not a huge fan. Be good to see a local boy do well however.

Needs to step up in terms of standard of fighters he faces.

The Hopkins fight is weird one for both men.

Rather he rematched Bellew in Cardiff.

Comment

Originally posted by SirTomJones View Post
                  you hate him.

I'm not a huge fan. Be good to see a local boy do well however.

Needs to step up in terms of standard of fighters he faces.

The Hopkins fight is weird one for both men.

Rather he rematched Bellew in Cardiff.
                  I don't hate any boxer.

But I guess unless I'm up his arse, I cannot be neutral - I must be a hater?

Fact is, if you believe Cleverly is deserving of a world title then it only proves your bias.

Comment

The only noteworthy thing about this fight is that he is fighting on biggie smalls birthday, in Brooklyn.

I'll read about this the next morning.

Comment

Cleverly can beat Hopkins

If Cleverly out runs Hopkins he can win this decision. Hopkins isn't going to chase the faster younger Cleverly around for 12 rounds.

Comment

Working...
                      X