This topic is closed.
X
X
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Daļa View Post
    He clearly lost his two more important fights.
    His best win was against McCline i think.
    I was at that fight, and Arreola looked good that night.

I don't think Cristobal's been quite the same since the beating he took from Vitali.

Comment

Originally posted by Freedom. View Post
      Haymon is his manager, he's the one who decides who Arreola fights.
      Isnt that the promoters job?

Comment

Originally posted by the larryx View Post
        Isnt that the promoters job?
        Haymon, a longtime friend of HBO's Kery Davis, is the one who makes the decisions.

Goossen may be a promoter, but he has much less influence than Al Haymon.

Comment

Haymon, a longtime friend of HBO's Kery Davis, is the one who makes the decisions.

Goossen may be a promoter, but he has much less influence than Al Haymon.

I know who Haymon is,but im wondering why you are placing ALL the blame on him and Arreola hasnt been on HBO for awhile so what does HBO have to do with anything?

Comment

I know who Haymon is,but im wondering why you are placing ALL the blame on him and Arreola hasnt been on HBO for awhile so what does HBO have to do with anything?
            Let's be honest Larry: if not for Al Haymon's influence Arreola-Walker, Arreola-Minto and Arreola-McCline wouldn't have been on HBO.

Haymon calls the shots. The only promoter who won't let him be the decision-maker is Bob Arum, that's why he never manages Top Rank fighters.

Comment

Let's be honest Larry: if not for Al Haymon's influence Arreola-Walker, Arreola-Minto and Arreola-McCline wouldn't have been on HBO.

Haymon calls the shots. The only promoter who won't let him be the decision-maker is Bob Arum, that's why he never manages Top Rank fighters.
              Arreola was an undefeated American heavyweight...why wouldnt HBO wanna show him?

Comment

Arreola has been on HBO because he is exciting. The network wants fighters who will draw viewers and at least have some name recognition. Arreola brings both these things to the table, win or lose.

Comment

Arreola was an undefeated American heavyweight...why wouldnt HBO wanna show him?
                  Wilder, Abdusalamov, Jennings, Glazkov, Hanks, Boytsov, Fury, Price, etc are undefeated HWs.

Have you seen them on HBO?

Mitchell gets all his fights against journeymen (like Witherspoon) on HBO oo. He's managed by Al Haymon.

Larry, remember boxing is a business. Haymon is well-connected.

Comment

Here's a question.....are American fighters like Arreola and prospects like Wilder and Mitchell being shown live in eastern bloc countries? If not, that's messed up! The nationalism and anti-American posts I see from some people on here is ridiculous. Lets not forget that boxing is a business.

Comment

Wilder, Hanks and Jennings are not Americans? I thought they were.

Price and Fury are not East Europeans. Neither is Haye. Yet BoxNation and Sky show a lot of American fights.

Stop stalking me, you obsessive sick bastard.

Comment

Working...
                      X