No announcement yet.

Tyson vs Lewis '96...

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
    Right...he wasn't prime, yet he beat Moorer easily a YEAR after the first Tyson fight??Suuure...
    Moorer was in terrible shape for the second Holyfield fight. He gassed out after about three rounds.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
      Moorer was in terrible shape for the second Holyfield fight. He gassed out after about three rounds.
      DOESNT MATTER. Moorer was still 5 years younger and was defending the IBF title, he got off to a good start in my eyes. Holy was just on fire that night, so DON'T YOU take it away!

Comment

Originally posted by Pastrano View Post
        DOESNT MATTER. Moorer was still 5 years younger and was defending the IBF title, he got off to a good start in my eyes. Holy was just on fire that night, so DON'T YOU take it away!
        Yeah, it doesn't matter that Moorer showed up for a heavyweight title fight with a POT BELLY.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          I'm pretty sure it would have gone pretty much the same. Tyson was a shell of himself in 96 too.
          I think it would have gone a lot different, Lewis still might win but Tyson was a lot better fighter in 96.

Thread starter has a good point if Lewis gets hit by Tyson at the same frequency as he did by Mercer he is getting knocked out.
          Last edited by Holtol; 04-27-2011, 11:05 AM.

Comment

Id imagine Lewis too win in a similar fashion,the only version of Tyson that troubles LL is the late 80's Tyson

Comment

Here is some video of what Mercer was able to do to Lewis in case some of you have forgot. If Tyson gets that kind of opportunity there is a strong chance for a knock out.

Comment

Tyson was faster than Mercer on his feet and carried just as devastating, perhaps even more devastating, punch. I reckon if he had Lewis in same kind of situation, it would be lights out for Lewis.

Comment

Holyfield is not prime when he beat Tyson, that is ridiculous. His style just matched up well with Tyson, end of story.(And it's my story so it will end whenever I the **** I WANT IT TOO! :weed2

Lewis didn't want none of Tyson. Tyson would have sparked him out.

Comment

Originally posted by Natedatpkid View Post
                    Holyfield is not prime when he beat Tyson, that is ridiculous. His style just matched up well with Tyson, end of story.(And it's my story so it will end whenever I the **** I WANT IT TOO! :weed2

Lewis didn't want none of Tyson. Tyson would have sparked him out.
                    But the bastard somehow got to claim Bowe and Tyson were scared of HIM! What a laugh!

Comment

Mike Tyson would have knocked him out without much of a problem.

Comment

Working...
                      X