Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts On Last Night....

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Khan dissected Paulie, and broke him down, as a boxer should. That was a masterful performance, regardless of Paulie's status as a 140 pounder.

Comment

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
      I was surprised how many people beforehand said Paulie was the better boxer and quicker.

I was surprised how much of a dog Katsidis was at the books, so I figure the line placed too much emphasis on the Casamayor and Diaz fight. The weird thing is Katsidis has been fighting really good lately, and Mitchell looked too small.

Nate is done and Ortiz will definitely be a player.

J, do you really think Maidana's hurt? buddy of mine made a great point last night (keep in mind, this was like 20 beers into the night); maybe Bradley's team paid him to step aside for the meantime...he's on a roll right now and maybe management wants to milk that a lil longer and Maidana might be too hi-risk, low-reward?

Comment

Happy to see Katsidis win, though I was surprised Mitchell went out so quickly. I hoped for a FOTY candidate, war through a full 12 rounds. No go. But time for Katsidis to get another title shot soon.

Good for Ortiz beating Nate, but I was surprised at his movement. A lot of wasted energy, since Nate had nothing to offer and could have been stopped if he Ortiz pressed the issue. Still a good performance from him, just wish he closed a little stronger.

And thoroughly disappointed in Paulie. I thought last night was his big moment. Full credit goes to Khan though, since he did everything he was supposed to do and even stopped Paulie, which I didn't see coming.

Comment

i wished it went 15 rounds with paulie looking like the guido elephant
          man.

Paulie is a club level fighter who has a elite level personality that has given him big fights & perceived stature that he really doesnt deserve boxing wise.

Comment

Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
            when Khan said 'i wont leave until i unify this division', im not gonna lie...a HUGE grin broke out on my face

and yes, can we tell Juan Diaz to move out of the way so we can have JMM-Katsidis?
            Originally posted by Makavelli View Post
            J, do you really think Maidana's hurt? buddy of mine made a great point last night (keep in mind, this was like 20 beers into the night); maybe Bradley's team paid him to step aside for the meantime...he's on a roll right now and maybe management wants to milk that a lil longer and Maidana might be too hi-risk, low-reward?
            I think he is legitimately injured, and it's smart for Maidana not to fight if he's not 100% because he doesn't have the technical skills of the other guys. He needs all the physical tools he has to be competitive.

I just don't see it. No way in hell Shaw would pay Golden Boy.

Shaw's been pretty vocal about wanting this fight.

Comment

We enjoy the fight. Khan is impressive. Ortiz was just ok. I expect him to give all as he usually did. But his style is reserve and cautious not vicious.

I'm going to look for Katsidis/Mitchell video now. :-)

Comment

Originally posted by Clayton Bigsby View Post
                i wished it went 15 rounds with paulie looking like the guido elephant
                man.

Paulie is a club level fighter who has a elite level personality that has given him big fights & perceived stature that he really doesnt deserve boxing wise.

nailed it right on the head man...i've always said that he was a glorified B fighter...back to ESPN Friday Night Fights for that guy

Originally posted by jreckoning View Post
                I think he is legitimately injured, and it's smart for Maidana not to fight if he's not 100% because he doesn't have the technical skills of the other guys. He needs all the physical tools he has to be competitive.

I just don't see it. No way in hell Shaw would pay Golden Boy.

Shaw's been pretty vocal about wanting this fight.

see, my drunk ass couldn't come up with this logic last night

man, i love this division right now..so MANY different styles that any matchup has the potential for serious fireworks

Comment

Khan started off slow.

Comment

Originally posted by mandirigma View Post
                    We enjoy the fight. Khan is impressive. Ortiz was just ok. I expect him to give all as he usually did. But his style is reserve and cautious not vicious.

I'm going to look for Katsidis/Mitchell video now. :-)

i noticed that, of the 3mins of every round, Victor used a good 45secs to a min just dancing around

if he was in there with a bon-a-fide killer i would understand but i guess the old man still had a little pop in those body punches...had Victor on his bike too much

Comment

I think it might have been the opposite really..

Maidana vs Bradley is a good fight but Khan vs Maidana is alot bigger imo and he probably knows he has a better chance there what with Khan's chin or lack off. Bradley can outbox Maidana like Khan could but also he can take some shots, im not sure how the guy got up from a shot by Holt

Comment

Working...
                      X