Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Why in the world would Holyfield have even a chance?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Why in the world would Holyfield have even a chance?

Lets go 7-8 years back and have a look at his career since his loss to Lewis in 1999

2000-2001 He beats RUIZ, than later he in 2001 he loses to RUIZ and then Draws in their third fight.
    - Do I really need to comment here? This is Ruiz! and it's Holyfield 7 years ago.

2002 - He beats Rahman via a head butt
    - Again, Rahman. I'll save the comments
    Later that year he loses to Byrd. (Who is, please note, a southpaw)
    - Yes he was injured. I don't think the outcome would have been any different.

2003 - TKO loss to Toney. Besides Holyfield, Toney has not beaten a single top HW.

2004 - Loss to old Larry Donald

2006 and on, Evander beats - Jeremy Bates, Vinny Maddalone (has anyone ever heard of these guys???), Fres Oquendo, and another senior citizen Lou Savarese

How can anyone give him a chance against a valid linear champion.
    Yes linear.. he beat the guy (Briggs), who beat the guy (Lyakhovich), who beat the guy (Brewster), who beat the guy (Wlad), who beat the guy (Byrd), who beat the guy (Vitali) for the title?

Come to think of it.. there is a curse around the WBO belt.. people can't hang on to it for more than a fight (or two) LOL I guess this curse is Evander's only chance
    Last edited by !! Mr. Soprano; 08-02-2007, 05:36 PM.

Because these fans are delusional crackheads.

Comment

Originally posted by !! Mr. Soprano View Post
      Lets go 7-8 years back and have a look at his career since his loss to Lewis in 1999

2000-2001 He beats RUIZ, than later he in 2001 he loses to RUIZ and then Draws in their third fight.
      - Do I really need to comment here? This is Ruiz! and it's Holyfield 7 years ago.

2002 - He beats Rahman via a head butt
      - Again, Rahman. I'll save the comments
      Later that year he loses to Byrd. (Who is, please note, a southpaw)
      - Yes he was injured. I don't think the outcome would have been any different.

2003 - TKO loss to Toney. Besides Holyfield, Toney has not beaten a single top HW.

2004 - Loss to old Larry Donald

2006 and on, Evander beats - Jeremy Bates, Vinny Maddalone (has anyone ever heard of these guys???), Fres Oquendo, and another senior citizen Lou Savarese

How can anyone give him a chance against a valid linear champion.
      Yes linear.. he beat the guy (Briggs), who beat the guy (Lyakhovich), who beat the guy (Brewster), who beat the guy (Wlad), who beat the guy (Byrd), who beat the guy (Vitali) for the title?

Come to think of it.. there is a curse around the WBO belt.. people can't hang on to it for more than a fight (or two) LOL I guess this curse is Evander's only chance

seems like half are just ignorant when it comes to boxing and the other half want him to win so badly it clouds there judgement. I for one have always been a holy fan but Ive wanted him to retire ever since the ruiz fights. he clearly cant beat top 15 guys anymore and he's just setting himself up for a painful rest of his life if he doesnt hang them up. My heart is pulling for him to win but I realize his chances are slim and none

Comment

Well people want to have the old Holyfield back and all...

In reality he doesn't have a snowballs chance in hell.

EDIT: I had Oquendo beating Holyfield.
        Last edited by Rudyo; 08-02-2007, 05:45 PM.

Comment

There's a very good chance Holyfield will cut Ibragimov with a head butt. Their heads will come together for certain, because Sultan's height is about the same, and because he's a southpaw.

But if Sultan's ahead on the scorecards if the fight is stopped because of a severe cut caused by a headbutt, he will get the decision.

The reason Tyson gave for biting Holyfield's ear: he said he was angered by Evander's repeated attempts to cut him with a headbutt to the rim of the bone that surrounds the eye (same place Hopkins cut Wright and N'Dou cut Malignaggi).
          Last edited by Steelhammer86; 08-02-2007, 06:02 PM.

Comment

Sad to see a great legend fighting for basically nothing.

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
              LMFAO!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BrooklynBomber View Post
                Go **** your mother.......

and see if she has any more crack while you're at it, I'm out.

Comment

I can't see Holyfield winning, it just seems impossible to me. I think its gonna be a wide UD for Sultan

Comment

Originally posted by Ironside View Post
                    I can't see Holyfield winning, it just seems impossible to me. I think its gonna be a wide UD for Sultan
                    Sultan has very quick and heavy hands.. I think the Evander will fall.
                    I would really hate to see that beating.

Comment

Working...
                    X