Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jim Watt! Your view good commentator or not

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I think his bias is sometimes, passion in a pessimistic fashion.
    I used to like McGuigan.
    One slight problem is often the commentators are true boxers and can't always appreciate or describe brawlers etc as well.

Comment

• I hope that Jim isn't computer literate and somehow manages to stumble across this forum. . . . could you imagine?

That said, with the amount of disquiet that he seems to generate, how much longer can he go on?

Internet forums are relatively enclosed and populated by no-marks like ourselves, so who gives a **** right? Plus, they have an unfortunate tendency to become quagmires of negativity (If you didn't know better, you could be forgiven for thinking that boxing fans hate boxing).

But looking at Jim trending on twitter he receives an awful lot of criticism from some pretty prominent sports personalities as well as the rank & file's vitriol. While sportscasters and sports news anchors really couldn't care less about what 'Dave from Barnett. . ' thinks and are actually quite contemptuous that they even have to read that **** out, when people from within the sports world start to express criticism, alarm bells are going to start ringing with the folks at Sky.

I'm not suggesting that we'll tune into Sky Sports News after a big fight and Olivia Wayne will announce; "And our own Jim Watt was been trending on twitter after the fight. Andrew Flintoff says, '#biased'. Haroon Khan asks, 'are U even watching the boxing'. 'I question his commentary' states Shane McGuigan and former Manchester United forward Andrew Cole pleads for Jim to 'please shut up'".

But. . . tucked away in that back room somebody is filtering these tweets for the scrolling 'news' bar, so they're being registered. I question how long this can go on until the executives start to think about showing him the door.

Comment

• He's Terrible

Comment

• Nice enough fella but he is the ****s as an announcer.

Comment

• Absolutely awful.

Comment

• He is truly awful. He decides before the fight how he wants it to go then spends all night making that happen in his own head.

That said, he seems like a decent guy and everything.

Comment

• This was a good interview, but I hate him commentating :|

Comment

• who is going to be Commentating for the May Vs Manny fight, Please don't let it be Jim Boy..

Comment

• Originally posted by typeone View Post
                    who is going to be Commentating for the May Vs Manny fight, Please don't let it be Jim Boy..
                    Oh god I never even thought of that.

I'd much rather they just use the American commentary.

Comment

• Him giving Crawford no credit whatsoever whilst he was putting a beating on his boy Ricky Burns was laughable. Just spent the whole fight speculating about the injuries Burns could possibly have and not calling what was actually happening (which is supposed to be his job).

Comment

Working...
                      X