No announcement yet.

Canelo isnt the class of Mexican boxing, Mares is

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
    Well I agree really. I think he's got the potential to get there though. Maybe not to the level of Floyd and Roy, but Oscar and Benitez? Who knows?

Unless he's hiding a legitimate glass chin (may be a while until we find out, he's got a solid defense and not exactly a murderers row lined up for competition), there's nothing that he can't work on.

The marketing is probably going to turn some against him. He's obviously not the finished product GBP are going out of their way to pretend he is. Actually I find that quite tiresome, I'm never going to be his biggest fan. That's for sure.

However, the way he's being bought up is reminiscent of young JCC. Writing him off right now could be a bit premature.
    Below

Somewhere around Miguel Cotto level imo

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
      Well I agree really. I think he's got the potential to get there though. Maybe not to the level of Floyd and Roy, but Oscar and Benitez? Who knows?

Unless he's hiding a legitimate glass chin (may be a while until we find out, he's got a solid defense and not exactly a murderers row lined up for competition), there's nothing that he can't work on.

The marketing is probably going to turn some against him. He's obviously not the finished product GBP are going out of their way to pretend he is. Actually I find that quite tiresome, I'm never going to be his biggest fan. That's for sure.

However, the way he's being bought up is reminiscent of young JCC. Writing him off right now could be a bit premature.
      Lara could crack that chin if there's something to crack. If Angulo connected, which was doubtful before this fight and even more doubtful now, he could as well.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
        Lara could crack that chin if there's something to crack. If Angulo connected, which was doubtful before this fight and even more doubtful now, he could as well.
        I used to pick Alvarez over Lara due to Alvarez body assault and Lara's suspect stamina.

I'm more confident of Lara's chances now seeing as how Nelo has horrible stamina.

The only prob is they would rob Lara too

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
          Below

Somewhere around Miguel Cotto level imo
          I'm not denying that's possible, but I see a lot to work with in Alvarez.

He's not going to cruise there, but if he touches his game up he could get further than Cotto. At the same stage in Wlad's career he had just been stopped twice, and was about to be stopped again. Then he bounced back in a major way.

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
          They would be great for insight. But I doubt Canelo risks his shot at the Mayweather sweepstakes.

Frankly, can't blame him. That's a ****ton of money to make from one event.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987
            Quote:

Originally Posted by Capaedia

There's no doubt in my mind that the kid is hiding some of the finest china ever fabricated. The excuse "he was young" vs Cotto's brother is all bs from his fans trying to convince themselves.

Did anyone notice how he looks away when getting hit or about to get hit?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android

Comment

Originally posted by Matty Ice View Post
              There's no doubt in my mind that the kid is hiding some of the finest china ever fabricated. The excuse "he was young" vs Cotto's brother is all bs from his fans trying to convince themselves.

Did anyone notice how he looks away when getting hit or about to get hit?

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
              And people can claim that he was preserving energy all they want, but Trout had him hurt at least once, and I think twice from body shots.

Comment

There was an instance where Trout landed the straight left to the body that had Nelo hopping

Then he didn't do anything for a long time

strong indicators of feeling a good body shot

Comment

Originally posted by DempseyRollin View Post
                  Canelo just isn't as good as advertised. I honestly thought he was better than that. His footwork is crap, his handspeed is poor, he looked sloppy and wild at numerous points and his stamina is god-awful. Good for him he'll be fighting in a division where he will outweigh most fighters. I thought he won the fight by a round due to the knockdown but compared to what Mares has done, I think its time for us to realize the truth. Mares is the future of Mexican boxing. He actually has a chance to be great. Canelo, on the other hand, is much rawer than I thought.
                  LOL @ this hating @ss fool.

Canelo is the truth.

You dudes whine that he doesn't fight top comp and when he takes on Trout (A guy you dudes who love to say he would duck) and beats him, now you fools have the audacity to make a bull**** thread like this.

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                    I used to pick Alvarez over Lara due to Alvarez body assault and Lara's suspect stamina.

I'm more confident of Lara's chances now seeing as how Nelo has horrible stamina.

The only prob is they would rob Lara too
                    LOL @ rob Lara too.

Canelo beats Lara's @ss decisively if and when they fight.

Comment

Canelos best attribute is his power and like most power punchers they rely on that too much. And can be out worked in fights. Last night I thought Canelo looked 22. If I were Shafer I would stay away from Floyd. At least for September.

Comment

Working...
                      X