Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

In your opinion who was the better player Hakeem Olajuwon or Shaquille O'neal?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

In my opinion, Shaq. I personally think he's the most dominant player to have ever played. (Note, not the greatest). I mean his size & strength was just too much for about anyone. I mean the dude would dunk the ball trapped in a bear hug from men 6-10 weighting well over 200 lbs. How in the world do you stop that??

Comment

This really shouldnt even be a question. The Dream easily. I thought this was settled way the hell back in 1995 during the Finals.

Hakeem is the greatest center of all-time imo. No other center had the skill set he had, the footwork, post moves, all around ability. Hakeem could do anything on the court. When people need to work on their post game, they go to Hakeem. Nobody's calling out Shaq for pointers

Comment

Originally posted by Bushbaby View Post
        In my opinion, Shaq. I personally think he's the most dominant player to have ever played. (Note, not the greatest). I mean his size & strength was just too much for about anyone. I mean the dude would dunk the ball trapped in a bear hug from men 6-10 weighting well over 200 lbs. How in the world do you stop that??
        You do realize that Shaq wasn't as dominant over his contemporaries as Wilt was over his right?

Poet

Comment

Originally posted by poet682006 View Post
          You do realize that Shaq wasn't as dominant over his contemporaries as Wilt was over his right?

Poet
          it could've been psychologically tough for wilt though...

he was dominant and all but his team couldn't find a way to beat russell and the celtics...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
            it could've been psychologically tough for wilt though...

he was dominant and all but his team couldn't find a way to beat russell and the celtics...
            The difference of course was that the Celtics were a great team while the Warriors where a mediocre team with one great player. No matter what sport you're talking about a great team will always beat a great player.

To put it into perspective, drop Shaq onto the Wizards and tell me how many titles he wins.

Poet

Comment

The difference of course was that the Celtics were a great team while the Warriors where a mediocre team with one great player. No matter what sport you're talking about a great team will always beat a great player.

To put it into perspective, drop Shaq onto the Wizards and tell me how many titles he wins.

Poet
              yes you are right... 80s jordan (bird with his celtics and detroit with their bad boys were taking turns beating him) despite his brilliance was quite a victim of this truth about team sports...

Comment

Originally posted by talip bin osman View Post
                yes you are right... 80s jordan (bird with his celtics and detroit with their bad boys were taking turns beating him) despite his brilliance was quite a victim of this truth about team sports...
                Yeah, I had a huge argument over this very thing in the lounge this past winter when stated that teams win Super Bowls not individual QBs.

For some reason "fans" can't seem to wrap their minds around the concept of team sports.....maybe because of the way the leagues market themselves I don't know :dunno9:

Poet

Comment

Olajuwon and it really isn't close. Damn, people have short memories

Poet
                  Damn straight, very surprised by most posts here, the Dream without question.

Comment

2000-2002 Shaq was UNSTOPPABLE. The spurs had to put two Hall of Fame 7 footers on him in Tim Duncan and David Robinson And still got there asses kicked.

Shaq changed the other teams entire defense. Hakeem never got tripled or Star-doubled in his career.

Comment

Who shoots better from the free throw line?

Comment

Working...
                      X