Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What are your opinions on these unknown boxing questions?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are your opinions on these unknown boxing questions?

Do you think we will ever find Greb footage?

How do you view the Hurricane Carter case?

Will Pacquiao and Mayweather ever fight?

Why did Duran say "No Mas", what was going on in his head?

How big a difference did James Toney's weight loss make in the Jones fight?

Answer some, none, or all of these questions to get some discussion going.

Originally posted by Barnburner View Post

Whether or not it will be found I don't know. But some has been recorded.

Don't really care about it but the man was a first class idiot.

No.

I'm going to lose.

None.

Answers above.

Comment

Originally posted by IronDanHamza View Post
      Answers above.
      Do you not think the Duran thing was a little deeper than that? He didn't quit when he was beaten against DeJesus. I think a good explanation is something I heard from somewhere else. Basically that Duran thought quitting against this "clown" who wouldn't fight would make him seem more macho in the eyes of his fans. However the plan completely backfired.

What do you think of that?

Also I agree with all your other opinions apart from the Carter one. I agree he was a moron but, I find the case quite interesting.

Comment

I think it would have turned up by now if it existed.

It was probably a dubious conviction, but I'm not convinced that Carter didn't do it. He certainly wasn't the saint that he's been portrayed as.

Next question

He was feeling the effects of rapid weight loss and shoddy conditioning. Duran knew it wasn't going to end well and didn't want to be humiliated.

Big difference. Roy may have beaten him every time, but that sure wasn't the same Toney who destroyed Iran Barkley and Prince Charles Williams.

Answers above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Comment

Do you not think the Duran thing was a little deeper than that? He didn't quit when he was beaten against DeJesus. I think a good explanation is something I heard from somewhere else. Basically that Duran thought quitting against this "clown" who wouldn't fight would make him seem more macho in the eyes of his fans. However the plan completely backfired.

What do you think of that?

Also I agree with all your other opinions apart from the Carter one. I agree he was a moron but, I find the case quite interesting.
          I just think it was a mixture of his frustration and some crazy thinking in the heat of the moment.

I think as soon as he did it he thought to himself why did I do that?

I was too young to remember the whole fiasco when it actually happened and I didn't follow the trials and what not years later either but the Bob Dylan song is pretty good The film's pretty good too, I'm a big fan of Denzel Washington. Just funny because Ruben Carter was not like that at all really.

Comment

Originally posted by Scott9945 View Post
            Answers above^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
            Interesting, especially the Toney one. I don't think it would have differed the outcome that night. Maybe made it a little closer but, Jones was a sensation there.

Comment

I just think it was a mixture of his frustration and some crazy thinking in the heat of the moment.

I think as soon as he did it he thought to himself why did I do that?

I was too young to remember the whole fiasco when it actually happened and I didn't follow the trials and what not years later either but the Bob Dylan song is pretty good The film's pretty good too, I'm a big fan of Denzel Washington. Just funny because Ruben Carter was not like that at all really.
              Never seen the movie, is it worth picking up?

Yeah the Dylan song is great, one I've got playing all the time now. Weird as I point out in my head what I'm singing to myself is inaccurate.

My main gripe with the Carter case is I think he did it. But, he then goes and sets up some Organization for Miscarriage of Justice, or something like that.

Comment

Never seen the movie, is it worth picking up?

Yeah the Dylan song is great, one I've got playing all the time now. Weird as I point out in my head what I'm singing to myself is inaccurate.

My main gripe with the Carter case is I think he did it. But, he then goes and sets up some Organization for Miscarriage of Justice, or something like that.
                Yeah, it's worth a watch.

Inaccurate and in some places complete and utter fiction but it's a good watch and Denzel as always is exceptional.

Yeah, to be honest, I never pay attention in that kind of thing.

I'm a Boxing fan and whilst obviously if a Boxer I know is involved in that kind of thing outside the ring I keep an eye on it but I never look into it thoroughly. I just don't care about it in all honesty.

The whole Ali thing back in the day, didn't care.

Floyd Mayweather's trials recently, don't care. Didn't read a single article on it, other than the "MAYWEATHER IS GOING TO JAIL" one

And Mayweather is my favourite active fighter.

It's just something I don't care about. I only care for what they do in Boxing, personally.

Comment

Yeah, it's worth a watch.

Inaccurate and in some places complete and utter fiction but it's a good watch and Denzel as always is exceptional.

Yeah, to be honest, I never pay attention in that kind of thing.

I'm a Boxing fan and whilst obviously if a Boxer I know is involved in that kind of thing outside the ring I keep an eye on it but I never look into it thoroughly. I just don't care about it in all honesty.

The whole Ali thing back in the day, didn't care.

Floyd Mayweather's trials recently, don't care. Didn't read a single article on it, other than the "MAYWEATHER IS GOING TO JAIL" one

And Mayweather is my favourite active fighter.

It's just something I don't care about. I only care for what they do in Boxing, personally.
                  On a completely un-related note. FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION. I'm ranked 156 in the UK and like 1075 in the world

Win streak of 19 I actually think I'm unbeatable.

Comment

On a completely un-related note. FIGHT NIGHT CHAMPION. I'm ranked 156 in the UK and like 1075 in the world

Win streak of 19 I actually think I'm unbeatable.
                    Isn't that that game that's supposed to be a simulation yet it's about as much a sim as Mortal Kombat 2 on the Sega Megadrive?

Comment

Working...
                    X