Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Do you think we will see a "cashless" society in our lifetime?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

hopefully I'm dead by then, I rarely use my credit cards I like to see my money.

Comment

I work in front of this company that repairs MRI machines. It's a real high tech place and the older dude that's in charge there showed me a chip that is implanted in his wrist that he uses to get in the place, his money, personal info, etc.

It blew my mind, I would never have something like that. He was saying in the future, that's how we will keep track of everything including our money.

Comment

Originally posted by JoeWbbmest311 View Post
        So you would have a mobile device or something? Similiar to having a banking app on your phone?

No as far as the strip club I meant how do you give dollars to the broad?

What about security? Couldn't someone hack into this digital currency device and transfer your funds out of the account? What if you lose it?
        Good questions

My guess is there would be some kind of mobile device you describe.

You would shoot the broad $$$ as you would your friend digitally through the banking app.

If you were hacked all transactions could be reversed because it is all done digitally. It is not like someone running off with cash which would never be seen again. My guess is for security reasons they would want the device closely linked to high security ID (DNA Iris Recognition,finger prints the kind of thing they use at airports already)That way if you went to the Police and said your banking ap was lost/stolen they could check that you are who you say you are reverse the theft transactions and issue a new ap and reinstate your digital account.
        Last edited by Prince Mongo; 11-14-2012, 11:52 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by jose830 View Post
          hopefully I'm dead by then, I rarely use my credit cards I like to see my money.
          I am like you. It is too easy to go on silly spend ups with credit cards without appreciating how much you are going through. With a lump of cash you notice it going down and it curbs spending.
          Last edited by Prince Mongo; 11-14-2012, 11:47 AM.

Comment

Poor strippers...

Cash is always needed no matter what. It makes things flow faster IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Cuauhtémoc1520 View Post
              I work in front of this company that repairs MRI machines. It's a real high tech place and the older dude that's in charge there showed me a chip that is implanted in his wrist that he uses to get in the place, his money, personal info, etc.

It blew my mind, I would never have something like that. He was saying in the future, that's how we will keep track of everything including our money.
              You said it blew your mind. How did you feel about the prospect of the future world the older dude described?

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                You said it blew your mind. How did you feel about the prospect of the future world the older dude described?
                I mean it's scary, thinking that big brother has so much information on you and that technology is going to force us into doing things we might not want to do.

For example, I was talking to him and he was telling me that we might not have hard drives much longer, that things like cloud drives will be the future of computers and the internet where all of our info is located in some remote storage with who knows who is in charge of it.

All your info will be public, you will literally be carrying everything about you in a small chip.

I'm not down with that.

Comment

Originally posted by Prince Mongo View Post
                  I am like you. It is too easy to go on silly spend ups with credit cards without appreciating how much you are going through. With a lump of cash you notice it going down and it curbs spending.
                  I agree!
                  for example after hurricane Sandy everything had to be cash because there was no power...I rather carry a knot of cash with a rubber band around it than plastic any day.

Comment

Originally posted by -Johannes- View Post
                    Poor strippers...

Cash is always needed no matter what. It makes things flow faster IMO.
                    they should get a credit card machine implanted in their ass cheeks so when you ready to tip all they do is turn around and you swipe your card down their ass crack.

Comment

I think we may see it. It would make some things easier. I'm still paying off my girls ring, and it blows my mind that I can't pay with my card in Zales. They won't take payments on a card, only cash. They only took my down payment on the card.

Comment

Working...
                      X