Deontay Wilder is the #1 American Heavyweight

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TX_BOXNG View Post
    i believe nobody is ready for the klits dudes kno there skills

I see Vitali maybe fighing one more time or retire. Wlad may fight for another 3 or 4 years. Wlad is what, 36? So he's getting up there. I really dont want Wlad to be fighting past 40, he doesent need to. Really by the time Deontay is ready for Wlad, Wlad will be old.

Comment

Wilder will not fight a Klitschko

He will wait them out and enter into what will be by far the weakest HW and probably still be mediocre

Im also certain he has a bad chin

Comment

Jennings, Hammer, Mitchell, Scott have all accomplished more and deserved to be ranked and regarded higher. Cunningham's UD over Gavern in his first HW fight is better than anything Wilder has done.

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
        I wouldn't advice to put any hopes on him. He's not very good to be honest, and his management seems to know it.
        and this.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

He will wait them out and enter into what will be by far the weakest HW and probably still be mediocre

That's why a said he needs a good trainer. If he can use his size the right way, most will never get to his chin. But we really dont know everything till he fights some better guys. All im saying is the potential is there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post
            That's why a said he needs a good trainer. If he can use his size the right way, most will never get to his chin. But we really dont know everything till he fights some better guys. All im saying is the potential is there.
            He's 6'7, he's actually getting BIGGER and he got true one shot knockout power. I agree with what you said.
            There is a LOT of good prospects coming up and I mean a lot.
            Now will any of them become true champions and Hall of Fame fighters? I don't know.

But you look at the up coming HW'S, Glazkov of Ukraine, Mago, Price,Mitchell, Jennings, Wach,Wilder,and a whole bunch of 23-27 year old's getting better. Not to mention this Olympics, yes yes I know Joshua robbed a bunch of guys and Ivan Dychko looked awkward, but think about it. Joshua and Dychko are both 22 years old, they are young fighters with huge size and athletic abilities. I expect both Joshua and Dychko to be in the mix within a few years as well. Very good times for the HW Division is coming.

Comment

Originally posted by TheGreatA View Post
              I wouldn't advice to put any hopes on him. He's not very good to be honest, and his management seems to know it.
              he's not at all a well schooled boxer at this stage.

that said, there is no denying the talent that he posesses, A. he won a bronze medal in Beijing with 21 fights.
              he won the national goldengloves and amateur championships on a non olympic year ('07) with 14 fights. he beat chakiev as well.

he has a huge right hand, very good handspeed, athletic feet, and an 84 inch reach. you don't teach any of that, and you really won't find it anywhere else in the division other than wladimir klitschko.

that said, they're moving him woefully slow. they know that he's not prepared for the top. if they can continue to make small steps up in class i dont doubt that he can be a useful heavyweight, given his ample physical advantages. he probably started boxing too late to ever be a real threat to wladimir, but once he's retired the division will be wide open, and wilder may end up fitting in with the top ten.

he should have honestly made greater steps forward already. i wouldnt put him in there with travis walker, but i'd have him fighting the minto and madalones out there. journeyman HW who can go rounds are a dying breed, but they're out there.

Comment

Originally posted by Mike Tyson77 View Post

he's trained by mark breland.

Comment

Originally posted by Russian Crushin View Post

i'm curious about your line of reasoning on this one

you just speculating? or do you know something we don't?

Comment

he is progressing with all the speed of a glacier as they wait for the klits to retire, problem for them is even in 5 years time, if wlad is still around he still probably beats wilder. ... but that aside he'll still have problems cause there is actually a fair bit of talent on the rise elsewhere
                    Last edited by Daddy T; 09-09-2012, 07:18 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by New England View Post
                      i'm curious about your line of reasoning on this one

you just speculating? or do you know something we don't?
                      He just seems fragile to me and has fought nobody and never has really had a hard puncher land anything on him.

He hasnt been hit in years and stepping up, i think he will get hurt

Comment

Working...
                      X