Collapse
No announcement yet.

Catchweights will weaken u more than blood test will

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

One catch weight fight against Cotto, questionably the best WW in the world at the time and Manny's first real WW fight. I know he fought Oscar at WW but Oscar was coming down from 154 and Manny coming up from 135. I think the catch weight was stupid because I think he could have done the same thing without it but its not like he was a WW asking for a catchweight against another WW, he had only had one fight at 140. And above 130 he had not fought anyone even close to as good as Cotto. I agree it weakens a guy more than a blood test but I don't think Manny should be criticized for the one catchweight fight, considering the circumstances.
    Last edited by disolly; 03-17-2010, 05:24 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
      Pacquiao was involved in one catchweight fight in his entire career.

/thread.
      That's a lie.

Comment

Originally posted by disolly View Post
        One catch weight fight against Cotto, questionably the best WW in the world at the time and Manny's first real WW fight. I know he fought Oscar at WW but Oscar was coming down from 154 and Manny coming up from 135. I think the catch weight was stupid because I think he could have done the same thing without it but its not like he was a WW asking for a catchweight against another WW, he had only had one fight at 140. And he had above 130 he had not fought anyone even close to as good as Cotto. I agree it weakens a guy more than a blood test but I don't think Manny should be criticized for the one catchweight fight, considering the circumstances.
        A controversial decision win over Clottey put him back on top after being destroyed by Marg?

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
          Pacquiao was involved in one catchweight fight in his entire career.

/thread.
          147 was a catch weight with DLH being that he hadnt fought there in over 7 years and roach knew DLh would have to kill himself to make weight.

it was a catch weight
          Last edited by Pacquiao'd; 03-17-2010, 05:32 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by disolly View Post
            One catch weight fight against Cotto, questionably the best WW in the world at the time and Manny's first real WW fight. I know he fought Oscar at WW but Oscar was coming down from 154 and Manny coming up from 135. I think the catch weight was stupid because I think he could have done the same thing without it but its not like he was a WW asking for a catchweight against another WW, he had only had one fight at 140. And above 130 he had not fought anyone even close to as good as Cotto. I agree it weakens a guy more than a blood test but I don't think Manny should be criticized for the one catchweight fight, considering the circumstances.
            cotto lost to marg who was beat by Shane.

Shanes the Best WW. cotto is shot

Comment

i like pac, but i gotta agree with this statement. a catchweight, like the one he used on cotto, makes a fighter lose more weight than he/she is a accustomed to losing. im sure it has much more of a physical/mental effect than blood testing either way u slice it.

Comment

Originally posted by yesir View Post
                cotto lost to marg who was beat by Shane.

Shanes the Best WW. cotto is shot
                Exatly!

Comment

Working...
                X