No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: Showtime's Espinoza on The Dib Situation, Politics Claim

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
    Im calling bull**** that the politics and feuds had nothing to do with it. If Showtime doesn't care about feuds and politics why are they only showing pretty much GBP while HBO is only showing Top Rank except for Broner and maybe a couple others? This guy is full of it. Everyone knows he's under GBP's payroll.
    Just a few weeks ago Espinoza gave an interview and he basically said "so what?" at the accusation that he is favoring GBP. Idiots on here even praised him because evil old Arum won't be on showtime...huzza for monopolies!

I don't care for Dib so this doesn't bother me but it is crystal clear that GBP run Showtime boxing.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
      Just a few weeks ago Espinoza gave an interview and he basically said "so what?" at the accusation that he is favoring GBP. Idiots on here even praised him because evil old Arum won't be on showtime...huzza for monopolies!
      Good point...if only you understood whart a "monopoly" is...

Then you'd realize it's not a monopoly at all. When there are two dominant businesses - e.g., GBP and TR - competing in a particular industry, then by definition, there is no monopoly.

And who cares who they buy fights from? The only thing I care about is seeing good fights. Like Espinoza said, who cares which producers NBC buys from, as long as the shows are good...

Comment

Espinoza is just a hooker on the Golden Boy pay roll. Ken Hershman built Showtime boxing into something creditable but see that going out the window.

Comment

Originally posted by BennyBlanco View Post
          Good point...if only you understood whart a "monopoly" is...

Then you'd realize it's not a monopoly at all. When there are two dominant businesses - e.g., GBP and TR - competing in a particular industry, then by definition, there is no monopoly.

And who cares who they buy fights from? The only thing I care about is seeing good fights. Like Espinoza said, who cares which producers NBC buys from, as long as the shows are good...
          With Showtime exclusively working with GBP it makes it a monopoly.

Comment

Golden Boy matches their fighters tough (look at Mares vs. Moreno!) and Showtime's ratings are up.

I imagine that if they bought Top Ranks ****ty in-house fights their ratings would be down.

Comment

Originally posted by RSBonos View Post
              With Showtime exclusively working with GBP it makes it a monopoly.
              Please look up the word "monopoly." If you still don't understand it, PM me. Showtime working only with GBP is nothing like a monopoly.

Here's a hint: you can argue the UFC is a monopoly, because they overwhelmingly control the MMA industry. Can you say the same for GBP? NO.

Comment

Working...
              X