• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Vitali Vs Charr to be on HBO.....

On the Undercard of Dawson vs Ward

LOL

On The Ring website....

Yep tape delayed to fill in a empty time slot. Vitali Klitschko relegated to filler.

Comment

Hey, at least he's back on hbo. I get to see his fairwell in high def, can't wait!!

Comment

Originally posted by Own3d View Post
        Yep tape delayed to fill in a empty time slot. Vitali Klitschko relegated to filler.
        Was already the same with Vitali-Adamek, and it was an huge event, so it's not shameful.

Comment

Throw the fans a bone and show it live. I'm sure it will do better then the standard saturday afternoon movie on HBO.

While it's a terrible fight, i'm still going to try to see it live. Tape delay kills sporting events.

Comment

They're probably hoping he'll give a ratings boost to Ward-Dawson. HBO know Vitali brings in good numbers but they just don't like Vitali for some reason. My guess is they're not above using him to give Ward-Dawson a nice ratings push though.

On top of that Epix have become more dedicated to boxing in recent times. HBO really don't want Epix moving in on their turf and snapping up their boxers. The internet trends for Chisora-Haye were very good for such a small network. It had even made it on the top most discussed US trends for a while. HBO see this and know Epix are using the HW division to gain ground on boxing. They don't like the fact that a new network is smarter than them.

Likewise, give it time and we'll see HBO try to smash this NBC deal and probably anything with CBS too. If Adamek starts getting good ratings on NBC HBO would probably throw millions at him just so NBC can't afford to keep him and have to give him up. HBO is not good for boxing, boxing is good for HBO. Don't ever think otherwise.

Comment

And not a single fuk was given by American fight fans. Thank god for DVR. I'll certainly be fast forwarding this.

Comment

I like boxing for the quality of it's athletes, it's geometry, and it's majestry. Never been able to stomach watching Vitali. He's skilled and courageous, but his athletic prowess and technical execution of the sweet science is purely gross. At this stage in his career..... I'll just end it here.

Needless to say I won't be seeing the fight.

Comment

well im excited for ward vs dawson but i kno its gona be a boxing match kind of boring, n vitali vs some dude named charr

Comment

Working...
                  X