Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Anyone shocked about the Peterson brothers hitting a dead end in their careers?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Lorily View Post
    I never was impressed by either of them before their 1st losses. However, I was actually more impressed by Lamont in his loss to Bradley then I was in any of his previous wins. He showed real professionalism and heart even though he lost. On the other hand, Anthony showed a real lack of character in his loss to Rios, exclamated and compounded by his post fight interview, where he stated he would have to "go back and look at the tape" when asked if he had INTENTIONALLY thrown all those low blows. He acted like a spoiled child who had been told he could no longer be the dodgeball team captain. He is not without skills, but rather seems to be lacking the real heart to make it through when things don't go his way.
    Lamont has nothing to be ashamed of, and actually has a relative chance against Ortiz. Anthony seems to be at a cross road, what (and how) he does next will be imperitive for his future. As I've heard some on here say, you can't teach heart.
    i disagree on your take of the rios fight.
    anthony showed heart staying in the pocket with a "LW" monster like that.
    whole lot of heart before he quit, but he shouldve used his brain instead.
    he was doing ok when he was boxing and changing angles.

as for anthony going down in weight, i disagree. hes got good pop and size for LW. rios is just an anomaly at LW. that was like a JLC like weight advantage. rios aint long for the division.

Comment

also, gaining only 4 lbs overnight could be a sign of over-training.

Comment

Originally posted by Siggy View Post
        also, gaining only 4 lbs overnight could be a sign of over-training.
        or it could be a sign he's one of the few guys that actually fights in the correct weight class.

Comment

I dont get why everytime a fighter loses he ends up being washed up. Relax it was 1 fight for him and his brother. Thats how you actually get better because you learn from that fight.

Comment

Working...
          X