Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Canelo to big for Mayweather?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I think the question is, is Canelo too young for Mayweather. I think the Mayweather that beat De La Hoya would beat Canelo, but Floyd doesn't move like that anymore.

Comment

he's not big enough andre ward is about right. floyd haters probably think chad is just about the right size.

Comment

Chavez Jr wasnt too big for Martinez and fight night the siz diff seemed kind of dramatic.. If they can meet the limit let em have at it. Don't fight at a weight class and expect sympathy because the champ is bigger....

Comment

Age old question..the answer is always the same.

It's not size alone that determines a fight; it's a combination of skill & size (see Pac vs Margarito...Jones vs Ruiz).

Canelo is a solid kid and packs a punch. If his boxing skills are enough to trouble Mayweather in addition to his size, then it could be an issue.

I don't see that happening though..he's too hitable.

Comment

Not at all IMO

Comment

Canelo is not too big for May
              May will fight him because of the money involved
              Canelo is 5'9" and he isnt too big
              Oscar is lsited as 5'10" not too big for floyd
              but Martinez who is listed as 5'10" (but is more like 5'9" I met the dude) is "a MW " so even though we have weight classes and Sergio can make 154 Fraud still wont fight him
              oh but Floyd is an all time great who takes on all people who call him out
              like JMM
              like an aging Cotto
              but Pac and martinez both call him out and CRICKETS hahaa

Comment

Originally posted by GrandpaBernard View Post
                Canelo is a stocky kid.

His proportions aren't anything special, but he's heavy
                I think this is pretty much the best answer to this question

Comment

Originally posted by illmaticfighter View Post
                  he's not big enough andre ward is about right. floyd haters probably think chad is just about the right size.
                  Oh I see so floyd is a 2 time Junior Middleweight champion who shouldn't fight junior middleweights and never mind canelo is smaller than De la Hoya who Floyd fought at 154. Yeah makes no fuking sense!

Comment

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
                    He's bigger, he's taller, has shown to have more power than Floyd.

Too big? Too big would be too much, meaning Floyd couldn't handle him. I think Floyd could handle Canelo, but yes he's big, bigger than Floyd. Too big for any other WW to be competitive, but not too big for Floyd because of Floyd's skills. Floyd has handled big opponents o fight night through out his entire career. It would be nothing new to him, but it would be more dangerous and more challenging now that he's closer to 40 than 25.
                    Floyd cannot handle canelo because floyd only fights guys he knows he can handle

Comment

Originally posted by Strictly_UG View Post
                      is a Jr middleweight too big for a Jr middleweight champion?

no.

Posted from Boxingscene.com App for Android
                      haha yes

Comment

Working...
                      X