Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is Floyd Mayweather jr. the only undefeated boxer with the best resume of all time?

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Floyds win over Mosley and Delahoya is equivalent to Marciano's Ko win of Joe Louis

Comment

Originally posted by BennyST View Post
      He's been knocked down, once officially. It wasn't a knock down, but then I just pretend that when he got properly knocked down by Judah and the ref missed it that it counts for that one instead.

So yes, he's been knocked down.

Counter right hook, from memory, to Floyds straight right. The fact that Pac has a right hook that makes Judahs look like junk makes me think he could have caught Floyd coming in shooting that straight right. Sadly, we'll never know.

As for the OP, its certainly up for debate I think.

The best names Floyd beat, Oscar, Mosley and Marquez were all old or smaller guys moving up. He has some excellent wins against Hernandez, Castillo and Corrales too.

However, if we go by that, Marciano does have greater name power. Ezzard Charles is a top ten P4P ATG (some have him top 20).
      Joe Louis, was old and shot, but is also an ATG.
      Archie Moore is put in the top 10/20 ATGs.
      Jersey Joe Walcott is among the greatest ever too.

Those four alone are much greater than anything on Floyds resume and while they were past their best, so were Oscar and Mosley while Marquez was moving up two divisions for his first ever fight at 147 never having fought above 135.

You know what division Ezzard Charles and Archie Moore came from dont you?

Neither of them are rated highly as heavyweights.

Comment

Chris John is greater, he has more wins duhhhh

Comment

When you go through Marciano's resume you see that although there are some very good wins at the end, the rest of it is just complete no-namers. That's what you should expect of a 7 year career from a late starter. Well done to Marciano for getting out while on top.

But I think Floyd is significantly greater.

Hernandez
          Corrales
          Castillo
          De La Hoya
          Hatton
          JMM
          Shot Mosley
          Cotto

Versus

Charles
          Walcott
          Shot Louis
          ****ell
          LaStarza
          Moore.

I'm going with Floyd

Originally posted by BigAlexSand View Post
          Marciano did have a great record, with 49 wins with 43 by KO. He faught much different than Mayweather, going head first into the action. Technically Marciano was not a more sound boxer, but his chin and power puts him in another category. With wins against, Moore, Charles, La Starza, Louis, and Wilcott; solidify his greatness as One of the greatest boxers and if not the greatest heavyweight!
          Not even close

Comment

Marciano
            Joe Louis
            Archie Moore

Calzaghe
            Roy Jones Jr
            Bernard Hopkins

Mayweather
            Oscar De La Hoya
            Juan Manuel Marquez

Mayweather has the weakest resume of the 3.

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
              Marciano
              Joe Louis
              Archie Moore

Calzaghe
              Roy Jones Jr
              Bernard Hopkins

Mayweather
              Oscar De La Hoya
              Juan Manuel Marquez

Mayweather has the weakest resume of the 3.
              Joe Louis and Roy Jones Jr. were completely shot at that stage of their career.

Walcott and Kessler are better wins. Ezzard Charles is a better win than Archie Moore.

And I assume it was intentional that you only listed two wins for each fighter.

Comment

Originally posted by Capaedia View Post
                Joe Louis and Roy Jones Jr. were completely shot at that stage of their career.

Walcott and Kessler are better wins. Ezzard Charles is a better win than Archie Moore.

And I assume it was intentional that you only listed two wins for each fighter.
                Im only counting wins against ATGs and Oscar/Marquez is seriously stretching it. Be happy I even put them in the same league as the others.

Joe Louis is the greatest Heavyweight ever.
                Archie Moore is top 30 p4p.
                Roy Jones top 50 p4p
                Hopkins top 50 p4p

Comment

Originally posted by Joeyzagz View Post
                  Im only counting wins against ATGs and Oscar/Marquez is seriously stretching it. Be happy I even put them in the same league as the others.

Joe Louis is the greatest Heavyweight ever.
                  Archie Moore is top 30 p4p.
                  Roy Jones top 50 p4p
                  Hopkins top 50 p4p
                  In other words, criteria that very neatly and conveniently fits your agenda.

Oscar and Marquez were both in better shape than Joe Louis and Roy Jones.

I could go fight Jake LaMotta at his house right now, and hopefully win. That would give me more wins over ATGs than Ricardo Lopez.

Now does that make me a better fighter?

I personally rank Louis #1 at heavyweight as well, but in terms of wins over ATGs, Ali blows him straight out of the water with Foreman, Liston and Frazier.

So how do you rank Louis higher given your criteria here?

Comment

Mayweather's resume is not very good, this makes it easier to remain undefeated though.

Comment

Marciano or Floyd IMO

Comment

Working...
                      X