No announcement yet.

Exclusive interview: Bob arum speaks on 50 cent and tmt promotions

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by devildg View Post
    how is he pissed? As long as 50 decent doesnt steal his fighters (like Oscar) why would Bob care

Bob will stay on his side of the fence, 50 on his. separate but equal
    Cause with another promotion company out there that means less fighters that Top Rank could sign. Something tells me that greedy old geezer doesn't like competition either...

Comment

Originally posted by jsfd26 View Post
      Haven't read the article yet and let me guess, he wishes 50 Cent well and good luck? And possibly talks about working together? Am I correct?

EDIT: So I was pretty much right.

And you people believe him? He's probably pissed as **** about TMT tbh.
      Even if he did care (which he might not), he is not going to be childish and talk smack like 50. He is already paid for life, does it really matter? Do you think he is sad? It will probably not effect him at all since Mayweather isn't going to work with Top Rank, same with Gamboa, Dirrell is a top ten guy, Bob has plenty of top ten fighters. Let's see where is company goes.

Comment

Originally posted by ironmike2012 View Post
        Let's see where is company goes.
        Straight to the top.

#TMT #GetMoney

Comment

Arum is probably happy because Floyd doing his own thing weakens GBP, doesn't mean Floyd would want to work with Arum though.

In short Arum doesn't need to be a dick because he already knows how Floyd feels about working with him, he can play nice and seem like the nice guy but he can talk shit freely claiming they won't work with me later on.

He is playing is cards properly.

Comment

Originally posted by KnockUTheFukOut View Post
            INTERESTING! Not sure why I expected Arum to be more negative towards a new Promotion Company...I was wrong!
            He only had a problem with Golden Boy promotions. He has said before he would do a Mayweather fight easy if Floyd would cut out Golden Boy from the picture, looks like that is the case now, lets see if the fight happens, but not getting exciting Floyd will destroy this past prime version of Pacquiao.

Comment

arum is probably happy that floyd won't be with golden boy anymore

Comment

I think TMT promotions venture is good for Mayweather and 50 cent. I just would like to see how they manage a young and upcoming fighter/prospect into a star champion. Top Rank has done this over and over. GBP is on the brink of doing the same with Canelo, Broner

Comment

Why would Arum be threatened? Gives Arum a chance to finally cash out Juan Manuel Lopez against Gamboa, and if he wants to cash out Pacquiao, he could fill the card with a bunch Top Rank "tune-ups" instead of giving GBP fighters shine on his dime.

As far as TMT being competitors, we have to wait and see. 50 Cent is a rapper, and spent decades doing just that. He'll need someone like Al Haymon, who's been in business the entire time, to run his company. There are plenty of famous athletes who think they're "businessmen" and start music companies (many with business degrees). Why does it not work out? There's no substitute like decades of business experience.

Comment

I remember Bob Arum was all enthusiastic about the Paq/Floyd fight and tried to persuade Floyd/GBP to use Cowboys Stadium for the fight. The old man was so pumped up for the fight and thought it would actually happen. He set an appointment for the tour of the place and thought he was doing the right thing. Instead, he was met with silence. The whole world at the time was in a suspended state trying to figure what GBP and Prince Floyd wanted. Turned out that Floyd got scared and not ready for the fight. You know the rest of the story.

Yeah, I remember it like it was yesterday.

Comment

Maybe it could be that after he saw the official Pac vs Bradley numbers he has no choice but to make the Floyd fight happen.

Comment

Working...
                      X