No announcement yet.

Comments Thread For: James Kirkland Stops Alfredo Angulo in a Classic War

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by paulf View Post
    Unless Anne Wolf taught James how to revive his chin, I've got to pick Angulo.

I mean, c'mon. Ishida?
    I think he wasn't getting the right sparring and he didn't warm up properly.

The James that ate Julio right hands will show up IMO.

Not sure if that'll be enough.

People are forgetting that Angulo is coming off a long layoff.

If it turns into a war of attrition, can he handle it?

Comment

Originally posted by cornholioda3rd View Post
      This is gonna be a carbon copy of the Antillon vs Rios fight of earlier this year. Angulo stops him in the 3rd
      You think Angulo is that much bigger than Kirkland?

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
        I think he wasn't getting the right sparring and he didn't warm up properly.

The James that ate Julio right hands will show up IMO.

Not sure if that'll be enough.

People are forgetting that Angulo is coming off a long layoff.

If it turns into a war of attrition, can he handle it?
        Angulo was only off a year and blitzed that kid in one round without throwing much of anything. It will be a good fight, however it goes.

Kirkland certainly isn't putting on any boxing clinic like Cintron did. I like James and couldn't believe he got KOd by Ishida, but when two rough and tough brawlers face off, I got to pick the guy that wasn't KO'd by the soft-hitting Japanese guy (as well as lost his legs against a club fighter in the previous bout).

Wolfe will have James in much better shape, and I'd love to see Kirkland pull it out, but I got to go with El Perro.

Comment

Comment

I just noticed something, has Angulo ever faced a southpaw? I looked in boxrec and majority are orthodox and some not entered so that could be worth mentioning. I still believe Angulo will knock Kirkland out cause of the infamous Ishida fight.

Comment

Angulo has 2 rounds of boxing in in 16 months.

Could that be a factor?

Comment

Originally posted by Larryx2011 View Post
                manny was ko'd 2 times by journeymen..was that a sign of things to come???losing isnt the end of a mans career..you can learn and become a much better fighter
                Well there's a difference between Pacquiao getting KO'd years ago and Kirkland being KO'd this April...

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS206 View Post
                  it certainly could be, or it could mean that spending two years in prison and fighting 3 times in less than a month and above his normal fighting weight wasn't the best thing for him at the time and he got caught early.

Maybe he's never the same again. But prior to prison he did walk through Julio's punches and Vera's who one would suspect are much harder punchers than the japanese dude.

So we have to wait and see. I don't think Kirkland and Wolfe would take this fight if they didn't think they couldn't win, it's not like he's getting paid a million dollars. It's do or die for them.
                  Well there r some medium punchers out there he could have fought to really test his chin. Going straight for a killer like Angulo is kind of a dumb way to "test" urself. That's like saying "I wanna test if I'm ready to turn pro, so I want my first fight to be agianst Floyd or Pacquiao"

Comment

Originally posted by JDezi4 View Post
                    Well there r some medium punchers out there he could have fought to really test his chin. Going straight for a killer like Angulo is kind of a dumb way to "test" urself. That's like saying "I wanna test if I'm ready to turn pro, so I want my first fight to be agianst Floyd or Pacquiao"
                    I don't think they are looking at it like "let's test ourselves against Angulo" I think they are looking at it like "we are ready now and will beat angulo!"

whether or not that's smart, well that certainly remains to be seen, but I do believe they have the confidence or else they wouldn't have taken the fight.

Comment

Originally posted by ThePhantom5 View Post
                      Angulo has 2 rounds of boxing in in 16 months.

Could that be a factor?
                      And he's only fought 10 rounds once.. The deck is stacked people. Yes Kirkland can win, but on paper. This is a landslide. Can't wait to see the odds on this when they come out.. Angulo could open up as strong as -400.. Wolfe is going to need to jump in and throw punches if Kirkland's gonna win.
                      Last edited by DrewWoodside; 09-30-2011, 03:39 PM.

Comment

Working...
                      X