Clear All

Porter will smash Duck-Boy to pieces.

Comment

Porter's a swarmer, right?

Comment

This is a pretty risky fight for Khan

Comment

Originally posted by DreamerUSA View Post
          Peterson is actually quite a bit bigger than Porter. He is two inches taller, has a 4" inch reach advantage , and he blew up to like 168lbs. against Garcia. Peterson is basicly a jmw/mw pretending to be a jww. There is nothing that Porter brings to the table, physically, that trumps what Peterson brought against Khan.
          He might be 'bigger' in terms of height and reach but Porter's definitely heavier. I've seen Rashad Holloway say Porter used to walk around at 180 or something, I don't know what he walks around at now but he has a hard time making 147, no idea how he made 144 for Broner. Porter is very big and physically strong, Brook is probably the only guy in the top 10 who's bigger than Porter.

I know Peterson's big at 140 as well though.

Comment

Originally posted by John Locke View Post
            He might be 'bigger' in terms of height and reach but Porter's definitely heavier. I've seen Rashad Holloway say Porter used to walk around at 180 or something, I don't know what he walks around at now but he has a hard time making 147, no idea how he made 144 for Broner. Porter is very big and physically strong, Brook is probably the only guy in the top 10 who's bigger than Porter.

I know Peterson's big at 140 as well though.
            I know Porter is a big kid for 5'7 and maybe he does weigh a bit more than Peterson, but it is'nt going to be more than a few pounds. I just look at Peterson, who fights at 140, but blows up to almost the same size as a GGG. I'll have to thumb through boxrec and see some of Porters fight night weights.

Comment

It's probably just me, but I don't think Khan looked all that fast in his last fight.

By that, I mean I think he looked noticeably slower.
              Last edited by VG_Addict; 07-22-2015, 12:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BreWall View Post
                Porter is not a pressure fighter. He's a brawler and his style is bordering on mediocrity. He doesn't belong in the elite group.

He should rematch Broner. Or Haymon should just let him feast on guys like Karass, Berto, Guerrero, Diaz, Molinas, etc.

Khan would just employ what Brook did, clinch, clinch, clinch. Khan's combo would kill Porter.

That's why fans should be demanding Thurman vs Khan, not this silly matchup.
                Brook is strong enough to do that(plus having a favorable ref helps) and be effective, he also carries a lot more pop than Khan that was able to get Porter's respect somewhat early and hurt Porter a bit later on in the fight. But it was still a close fight and Khan doesn't have the kind of strength to clinch Porter and keep him locked up on the inside. And sure, Porter brawls, he's not skilled about his work, but he knows how to close the distance fast and put the pressure on with his mauling style, and he doesn't stop doing it. Again, look how easily Algieri was able to catch Khan with a pressure fighting style he effectively learned in one camp. Porter brings far more relentless pressure with better athletic ability backing it. I would 100% bet on Porter to dog out Khan on the inside.

Thurman vs Khan would be fine too. Khan would get stopped there likely by a Thurman counter from a weird angle. Khan's best route at this point is Kell Brook, where he'd also lose by stoppage, but at least he'd get a great payday out of it. Waiting for Floyd has failed.

Comment

Working...
                X