No announcement yet.

Teh Last of Us wins over 200 Game of the Year Awards

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by -Kev- View Post
    Didn't realize this was a "The Road" ripoff until last night when I saw The Road(film and novel). Good game though.
    Except obviously in The Road there were no infected creatures that terrorized the world. And there weren't groups after the child for a cure. So actually the only thing in common is they are both post apocalyptic, and both have an adult looking after a child.

Comment

Well they are not going to rip it off entirely, they had to add things to the game to not make it a complete adaptation of the film/novel. They had to get creative with it. The film is very dramatic and to the point, and dark. The developers jobs is to make the game appeal to every one, which it did. The film doesn't exactly appeal to every one.

Comment

Capcom should take note of The Last Of Us and The Evil Within when creating the next Resident Evil game.

Comment

Originally posted by ИATAS View Post
          Except obviously in The Road there were no infected creatures that terrorized the world. And there weren't groups after the child for a cure. So actually the only thing in common is they are both post apocalyptic, and both have an adult looking after a child.
          I think The Road was cited as an inspiration by Naughty Dog, along with other things.

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
            I think The Road was cited as an inspiration by Naughty Dog, along with other things.
            I didn't know that, but don't find it strange. It's pretty obvious, there's no way around it. And you are correct, I just looked it up.

From Gameinformer

Naughty Dog looked at Cormac McCarthy’s sad tale of a father and son’s trek through a desolate post-apocalyptic world pocketed with groups of depraved cannibals and other unsavory characters for inspiration for the relationship between Joel and Ellie. Like Ellie in The Last of Us, the son in The Road was born after a catastrophe, and the shattered world is all he knows. The raw, unyielding picture McCarthy paints is both impactful and believable, which gels with Naughty Dog’s vision for a new kind of post-apocalyptic survival tale.
            The Walking Dead, Children of Men, No Country For Old Men are all cited as inspirations as well.

http://www.gameinformer.com/games/th...ast-of-us.aspx

Comment

Here's more from N4G.

Hidden Image unveils The Last of Us Story Inspiration Came from McCarthy's Post Apocalyptic Novel

This new bit of information comes from a hidden image in Ellie's backpack. This easter egg was discovered by Reddit user "qazwsx127", here is what he has to say about this: "Found an item in Ellies backpack during the winter section that seems to be a reference to the book, "The Road" which was a big inspiration for the story of The Last of Us."
              http://n4g.com/news/1342232/hidden-i...ovel#c-8137675

Comment

Originally posted by bojangles1987 View Post
                Right, but not a knock off. Everything is inspired by something one way or another

Comment

Ico and Resident Evil 4 was also cited as an inspiration by Naughty Dog..
                  http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/the-last-of...red-by-ico-re4

Comment

Originally posted by BOLLOCKS View Post
                    Ico and Resident Evil 4 was also cited as an inspiration by Naughty Dog..
                    http://ps3.mmgn.com/News/the-last-of...red-by-ico-re4
                    I don't understand naming ICO as inspiration.

Comment

Working...
                    X