Ringside IMF Tech

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ringside IMF Tech

Hello,

I'm hoping to get some replies from people that use or have used Ringside IMF Tech boxing gloves.

Where I live (The Netherlands) there aren't many options for good boxing gloves. Since I bruised my middle knuckle about 2.5 months ago, I'm paranoid about it happening again, so I will be ordering some gloves from the USA soon. I'm planning on ordering the IMF Tech bag gloves and the IMF tech sparring gloves, both in size Large, also a pair of mexican style 180" handwraps.

I've read mixed reviews about the IMF Tech gloves, about 90% positive reviews. My main concern is that the glove won't fit my hands and will be too small. 3 questions about these gloves, in your experience:

- Will these gloves break in after usage and fit larger wrapped hands ?
    - Can you make a natural fist in these gloves?
    - The protection seems to be the best attribute about the IMF Tech's and it seems as if people love sparring against someone that uses these gloves. But, if needed be, can you really dig in and get power behind punches with these gloves? Or would you say they're pillows? I am a pretty heavy puncher.

Thanks

And if it helps, I'm 27, 6'1 and about 83kg.

Comment

I have the IMF Techs. Love them. I've typically used various types of Ringside gloves and these are my favorite. Good leather material. Great hand protection. I'm about 2 months into using mine and the foam is still pretty stiff and compact. They feel lighter than many of the other 16oz Ringside gloves I've had in the past. They are a pretty snug fit for me and I don't have that big of hands. My guess is they may be a big snug on your hands, but they should break in a bit. You aren't THAT big.

The only real issue I've had with these gloves is the cover the folds over the velcro straps to ensure they don't unstrap. You have to have someone else help you fold the strap over on one of your gloves which can be a hassle. I normally just don't cover the strap when I am working on the bag or mitts...but when I spar I have to have someone else cover them. Not a huge deal, but a hassle.

Comment

I've heard they're a very good glove, unfortunately not available here in the UK.

else i'd have a pair

Comment

Working...
        X