Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

2014 The Year of The Machine (Rakhim Chakhkiev)

Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 2014 The Year of The Machine (Rakhim Chakhkiev)

The official Rakhim ''The Machine'' Chakhkiev bandwagon thread.

All updates, predictions, latest news I will post here.

Do not count Rakhim out, this will be his year. Mark my words!
    A loss is not the end of a fighter.
    He looked superb against the highly durable Ilie and paced himself. He boxed more was trying new stuff and scored a devastating one punch K.O in the 10th
    He is still only 30 (nothing for a cruiser) and has a bright future.
    A few minor adjustments is all that is needed, he is an absolute monster!

Next fight; 15th march 2014, opponent TBA (Yo Rakhim, why you fighting Gary Russell Jr's leftovers? )

Come on who is aboard The Rakhim express?

The future!

Comment

He was doing well early against Diablo until he gassed a bit and was figured out so who knows if he learned from the loss.

Comment

Originally posted by Spray_resistant View Post
        He was doing well early against Diablo until he gassed a bit and was figured out so who knows if he learned from the loss.

It was a pacing issue IMO, he put so much into the first 4-5 rounds it was ridiculous. Especially the first when he rocked Diablo. Diablo is a beast though. Rakhim would of put away any other cruiser that night.

I do hope though that Rakhim doesn't jump straight for a rematch. He needs some real stiff tests first. I was impressed with his comeback against Ilie now he needs a step up and I hope he gets one in March. He doesn't need a soft touch he will bomb out in a few rounds.

Comment

I'm still high on this kid but methinks he needs a new trainer.

Too bad he never secured that Cuban trainer that was being talked about last year.

The Cruiserweight division (my favorite division) is stacked with talent many good fights to be made.

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
            The official Rakhim ''The Machine'' Chakhkiev bandwagon thread.

All updates, predictions, latest news I will post here.

Do not count Rakhim out, this will be his year. Mark my words!
            A loss is not the end of a fighter.
            He looked superb against the highly durable Ilie and paced himself. He boxed more was trying new stuff and scored a devastating one punch K.O in the 10th
            He is still only 30 (nothing for a cruiser) and has a bright future.
            A few minor adjustments is all that is needed, he is an absolute monster!

Next fight; 15th march 2014, opponent TBA (Yo Rakhim, why you fighting Gary Russell Jr's leftovers? )

Come on who is aboard The Rakhim express?
            ......Who?

Comment

Originally posted by U_TALKING_2_ME? View Post
              I'm still high on this kid but methinks he needs a new trainer.

Too bad he never secured that Cuban trainer that was being talked about last year.

The Cruiserweight division (my favorite division) is stacked with talent many good fights to be made.

Yeah its a shame that. He is still looking a new trainer, there was an article on here just after he dispatched of Ilie.

Its a great division, also my favourite, shame it gets so overlooked. So many exciting fighters all roughly around the same level, it makes for some great fights.

Comment

The eastern block Tyson?

Comment

Originally posted by dan_cov View Post
                  Yeah its a shame that. He is still looking a new trainer, there was an article on here just after he dispatched of Ilie.

Its a great division, also my favourite, shame it gets so overlooked. So many exciting fighters all roughly around the same level, it makes for some great fights.
                  It's definitely one of the best divisions in boxing right now with a lot of good fight to be made. I only wish HBO would try and pick up some of these fights. I would love to see Chakhkiev vs Makabu sometime in 2015 if they both keep winning. It would be a great fight if it was made sooner but I think it would be a smarter move for both parties if that fight was made a little down the line.

Comment

Obvious converted southpaw...fear the brow *****es.

Comment

Working...
                    X